1 Reply
      Latest reply: Jan 25, 2017 3:35 AM by eskimo RSS
      sugumaran04 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

cat json.txt | openssl smime -sign -inkey example.com.key -signer example.com.pem -certfile intermediate.pem -noattr -nodetach -outform DER > apple-app-site-association

And I don't have the .pem and .key files and I don't know how to create it.

• Re: I want to know how to create apple-app-site-association file.
          eskimo Apple Staff Apple Staff (6,665 points)

You typically get these credentials as part of setting up HTTPS on your web server.  In this example:

• example.com.pem holds the certificate for your web server (issued by some trusted certificate authority (CA))

• example.com.key holds the private key that matches the public key embedded in that certificate

• intermediate.pem holds any intermediate certificates on the path from the example.com.pem leaf certificate to the CA’s trusted root certificate

Keep in mind that you only need to sign the apple-app-site-association file if you want to support iOS 8.  In iOS 9 and later you can host a plaintext file on your HTTPS server and you’re done.  The Support Universal Links section of the App Search Programming Guide states as much:

If your app runs in iOS 9 or later and you use HTTPS to serve the apple-app-site-association file, you can create a plain text file that uses the application/json MIME type and you don’t need to sign it.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
          Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware
          let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"