3 Replies
      Latest reply: Jan 23, 2017 1:48 AM by eskimo RSS
      robstott Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi

I'm having a problem where my apps are failing Archive validation for the app store with the message "App sandbox not enabled. The folowing executables must include the "com.apple.security.app-sandbox" entitlement with a Boolean value of true in the entitlements propertly list".

It seems to suggest that my app is not sandboxed correctly. However, I've made no changes to its sandboxing since the last release and as far as I understand it, it's correctly sandboxed. By which I mean:

• I have an appropriate .entitlements file

• The entitlements file contains "App Sandbox" set to YES

• App Sandbox is turned on under the target's "Capabilities"

I thought it might be certificate related so I followed the instructions here (including the first of the "known Issues") but still no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm out of ideas!

Thanks in advance

Rob

• Re: App Sandbox not enabled
          eskimo Apple Staff Apple Staff (7,025 points)

In my experience there are two common causes of problems like this:

• the app really isn’t sandboxed

• the app contains sub-executables (helper tools, login items, and so on) that are not sandboxed

To debug this, look at the following:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
          Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware
          let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

CamQuest Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having the same problem where I am getting the rejection email "App sandbox not enabled - The following executables must include the "com.apple.security.app-sandbox" entitlement with a Boolean value of true in the entitlements property list."

I've tried everything you've suggested for robstott and I see the entitlement plists for my app and share extension that is getting submitted to iTunes Connect and the sandbox setting is always true, e.g.:

<key>com.apple.security.app-sandbox</key>

<true/>

Days have been spent on this and I would really appreciate your help.

eskimo Apple Staff Apple Staff (7,025 points)

I see the entitlement plists for my app and share extension …

Your entitlements file is an input to the entitlements generation process, whereas this check is done on the output.  This distinction is important, because if you only check the entitlements file you’re missing out on at least half of the picture.

How many executables does your app contain?  You mentioned the main app and the share extension?  Are there others?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
                  Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware
                  let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"