1 Reply
      Latest reply: Jan 16, 2017 2:06 PM by eskimo RSS
      Vladius Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Hi all,

I have a question regardnig Network Extensions.

Lets imagine that I have extension SimpleExt.appex and connected application SimpleApp.app

SimpleApp.app application situated in the UpperLevelApp.app/Contents/MacOS.

SimpleExt.appex situated in folder /Application/UpperLevelApp.app/Contents/MacOS/SimpleApp.app/Contents/PlugIns/SimpleExt.appex

Is it possible to move extension to /Application/UpperLevelApp.app/Contents/MacOS folder?

In other words, Is it possible not to use default folder to place network extensions?

I don't see a way to to do. But I'd like to clarify it.

There is no way to set another path for extension when I add configuration with methiod   [NETunnelProviderManager saveToPreferencesWithCompletionHandler:^{}]

Is extensions should always be situated in  SimpleApp.app/Contents/PlugIns folder?

I don't see this statement in documentation.

Thanks in advance!

• Re: Default folder for network extension App.app/Contents/PlugIns/Ext.appex
          eskimo Apple Staff Apple Staff (7,960 points)

Is extensions should always be situated in SimpleApp.app/Contents/PlugIns folder?

Yes.  All app extensions (.appex) must be placed in Contents/PlugIns/ in order to be found; Network Extension providers are no exception to this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
          Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware
          let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"