Sandbox users don't work for in-apps testing (issue started on Jan-6, 2017)

Hello,

We are currently developing the app and testing in-apps (annual recurring subscriptions) using sandbox users. Test accounts (sandbox users) have been created in December 2016 and we successfully tested our app.

Starting today (Jan-6-2016), we can't use the created test (sandbox) accounts. We attempted to delete them and create new accounts, but these don't work as well.

Also I would like to add that verification is prompted for each newly added sandbox user, which wasn't the case before. Even if the account is verified, the verification process can't be completed and is promted as many times as we attempt to apply test purchasing of the subscription.

Does anyone experience the same issues?

I can also provide a couple of screenshots for visuals.

Could the Apple team contact me, if this issue is connected with your organizational updates or inability of certain services, thank you in advance.

Replies

No, I use in-app validation. And that gives the expected results, even after re-installing the app.

Make sure you use https://sandbox.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt when validating with Apple, if you're testing in the sandbox.

Still having to verify sandbox user - can't use own emails as already apple IDs. Please can someone update.

Hello,

It is Working for me :

Step1 : Recreate a SANDBOX testing user,

Step2: On your device (Iphone for me), when testing buyProduct -> Follow the instructions

Step2.1 : Go to Settings and validate the email adress (if not already done ) -> This Step will requires you to log-in

Step2.2 : Go back to the application -> Sends you again in Settings -> Change the password

Step3 : Now your SAndbox testing user is logged in on your device the "Settings/iThunes & App Stores/Apple ID"

Step4: Proceed to the sandbox testing as usual.

Hope this helps,

Regards.

I'm able login with my sandbox account and whenx try to make purchase however, I get Transaction Failed with error: Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot connect to iTunes Store} error. When debugging SKPaymentTransaction I realised that within SKPayment _simulatesAskToBuyInSandbox boolean is false. Is this normal? and anybody having the same problem? I'm unable to test the purchase and restore payment functionalities because of this problem. I have checked the bundle id and signed out from settings as instructed. Many thanks.

I had been getting the "Apple ID Verification" / "Open Settings' alert as well, and here's how I finally got it working (couple extra steps)...

1 - Create new sandbox account in iTunes Connect

2 - Verify the newly created Apple ID via email

3 - Right after verifying, click "Sign in" (top right corner of the web page)

4 - Change the password and add the security questions

5 - Try to buy an IAP

Once I'd changed the password and security questions in the browser (never do it in settings on your device), the sanbox account worked for making an IAP.

Hope this works for some others as well!

Any updates on this issue? Right now I've tried all sorts of variations of creating sandbox accounts, verifying the email, not verifying the email, changing password, not changing password, signing in, not signing in, and still nothing. It tends to end in a pop up saying "iTunes account creation not allowed."

This may work, but it's completely unacceptable and tedious when trying to develop/test subscription-based products. I should not have to be bounced out of the app multiple times through the process, plus having to generate new email accounts (that are actual, real accounts where mail can be sent/retrieved) is a huge pain. Apple needs to fix this. Don't make us validate or change password on sandbox accounts. It just wastes our time.

I have this same problem too. I have tried verifying accounts and changing passswords as suggested above but still no joy. Any solutions out there?

Actually, setting the sandbox tester's store to United States made this work for me.

I have the same issue which worked well before. I want to confirm that i need to register the accounts with fake email. I can not create a lot of real email to test. Apple please fix this soon.

This is still broken!

I've posted a rimder to iTunes Apps Ops Engineering that rdar://29908743 is still an issue.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of rich Down vote reply of rich

Thanks, as of Tuesday evening EST (1/17/17) this appears to be resolved. I'm seeing the old process in place, which doesn't even require the sandbox email to be verified. This is great and a huge time saver in development. Thanks very much!

Thank you for your reply! Also worked for me post-Tues evening with a newly created sandbox new user.

Confirmed it is back to the way it was. Thank you for letting everyone know.