2 Replies
      Latest reply: Jan 12, 2017 1:52 PM by eskimo RSS
      boingolover Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

First off, this is my first post here, so I apoligize in advance if I'm not posting this in the most appropriate forum.

I'm creating a content filter network extension.  Within the provisioning profile created by Apple Configurator 2, I can retrieve the various bits of information entered into the Content Filter pane of the profile editor within the configurator via code using the NEFilterManager.shared().providerConfiguration .  All except the password reference, that is.  I understand that it is actually a persistent password reference into the keychain.  Here is what I'm using to try to query for it, and I always come up with a status of -25300, i.e. errSecItemNotFound.  Here is a snippet of code, running from within the hosting app (not the data or control extensions, if that matters)

// self.manager is NEFilterManager.shared()

guard let cfg = self.manager.providerConfiguration

else {

NSLog("could not get config")

return nil

}

guard let persistentReference = cfg.passwordReference

else {

NSLog("Could not get password reference")

return nil

}

var result: String?

var returnValue: AnyObject?

let query: [NSObject: AnyObject] = [

kSecReturnData : kCFBooleanTrue,

kSecValuePersistentRef : persistentReference as AnyObject

]

let status = SecItemCopyMatching(query as CFDictionary, &returnValue)

I have tried this both with enabling keychaing sharing and with it disabled, and I get the same result either way.  Any thoughts?