Sandbox users don't work for in-apps testing (issue started on Jan-6, 2017)

Hello,

We are currently developing the app and testing in-apps (annual recurring subscriptions) using sandbox users. Test accounts (sandbox users) have been created in December 2016 and we successfully tested our app.

Starting today (Jan-6-2016), we can't use the created test (sandbox) accounts. We attempted to delete them and create new accounts, but these don't work as well.

Also I would like to add that verification is prompted for each newly added sandbox user, which wasn't the case before. Even if the account is verified, the verification process can't be completed and is promted as many times as we attempt to apply test purchasing of the subscription.

Does anyone experience the same issues?

I can also provide a couple of screenshots for visuals.

Could the Apple team contact me, if this issue is connected with your organizational updates or inability of certain services, thank you in advance.

Replies

Same issus.

Same here, this has stopped all testing of IAP without pushing the app live and hoping it works.

Same issue for last two days

Same issues - does anyone know if Apple is aware of this?

The iTunes Production Store team is investigating this issue.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

I was only able to get my sandbox accoutn to work by verifying the email address. In the past, this would invalidate the sandbox account. However, after verifying the email account my purchase when through. Seems like a new requirement that sandbox accounts map back to real email accounts somewhere since the new year.

I just tested this about 10 minutes ago (10am PST 2017/01/12)

Any update on this would be great. 🙂

Working for me now - created a new user, verified it on website after getting email, changed password when prompted in settings - sandbox transaction completed...

Work for me now!

This worked for me as well for initial purchase, but as the purchase completes inside the Settings app, it's not a viable solution for testing the app UI IAP experience. If I cancel the purchase inside Settings (after successfully changing the password) and attempt it again in app, I get the same original problem above and the Sandbox tester appears to get invalidated.

This unfortunately does not work for us. We need clean SandBox users to test Trial subscriptions.

but have you tried using sandbox accounts that are not valid email addresses you own? for example rather than create accounts like slackwords@mydomain.com create an accoutn a1@abc.com and make purchases with that. IN the past this was possible wihtout having to verify any accounts.

have not tried that... I did the emailaddress+ios1@mydomain.com and that worked. This is my first time trying and have no previous frame of reference... hopefully Apple corrects this completely.

fix it?

Finally it's working, sort of. You have to make a fresh sandbox account, login in your app, accept that you have to change your password you entered a minute ago (WHY????), and then it works. Pffff. The 6 sandbox accounts that I have made the last few days don't work, so you MUST make a NEW account first.

Have you tried valididating the receipt with apple using this method? Throws an error every time it seems like. Fairly sure this is still screwed up and whilst this seems to process a payment it doesn't actually function as expected?