Fixed (non scrollable) group

I am designing a watchOS calculator app. I would prefer to utilize hierachical navigation. I would like to be able to scroll vertically through the buttons, but keep the numeric display fixed at the top of the of the watch display below the status bar. Is there a way to pin either an interface object or group to the top of the watch display, so that it does not scroll off the screen?

Replies

I don't think you can scroll only part of the screen.

You can do a [self.crownSequencer focus]; and then pick up a rotation of the crown in crownDidRotate. Use that rotation to change the buttons that are displayed.

I have come to that same conclusion. I embedded the buttons in a table, however then entire display still scrolls when tying to scroll the table.

I thought it might be possible based on the calendar app, which maintains the current date at the top while you scroll through calendar entries below, but maybe the entries are in a picker?

Thanks for the suggestion. SImilar of your suggestion, I was thinking of adding a gesture recognizer to the table to show another row of buttons, although it probably will not result in nice smooth scrolling.

Another approach is a 'pages' layout where your buttons are on a separate page available through a swipe motion. That way the full display shows what the user wants to see 99% of the time and the adjustment/editing/etc buttons are always available if needed.