Sandbox users don't work for in-apps testing (issue started on Jan-6, 2017)

Hello,

We are currently developing the app and testing in-apps (annual recurring subscriptions) using sandbox users. Test accounts (sandbox users) have been created in December 2016 and we successfully tested our app.

Starting today (Jan-6-2016), we can't use the created test (sandbox) accounts. We attempted to delete them and create new accounts, but these don't work as well.

Also I would like to add that verification is prompted for each newly added sandbox user, which wasn't the case before. Even if the account is verified, the verification process can't be completed and is promted as many times as we attempt to apply test purchasing of the subscription.

Does anyone experience the same issues?

I can also provide a couple of screenshots for visuals.

Could the Apple team contact me, if this issue is connected with your organizational updates or inability of certain services, thank you in advance.

Replies

I am also not able to use sandbox accounts. What I'm seeing is:

1 - Create new sandbox account in iTunes Connect

2 - Verify the newly created Apple ID via email (I've seen people say that you don't need to do this, but I've always done it and it's always worked for me)

3 - Try to buy an IAP

I'm prompted to log in, and I enter the email / password correctly. But then I get an alert telling me: "Apple ID Verification / Open Settings to continue signing in with...", and from Settings it requires a new password. This never happened before.

If I play ball and change my password, I get an alert saying "The Apple ID you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again." If I try to enter this new username/password into the alert presented on another attempt to buy the IAP, I see the same alert.

Filed bug #29908743 about this

I am also not able to successfully use a sandbox tester. I have the same symptoms as vk.softeq. This started yesterday. Before yesterday, the last time I was testing IAP was Dec 19, 2016 and the sandbox testing was working fine then.

I'm also seeing this issue.

Also seeing the same.

I am also facing the same issue.

I am experiencing the same problem and have always had many issues with the sandbox environment. This entire sandbox environemnt is a joke.

First I wasn't able to make purchases with any sandbox accounts except for one that I created for myself months ago.

Then another issue that started around 2nd of January was that it wouldn't fetch products, and reported invalid IDs. I've spent days trying to find out what happened and then that issue disappeared just like that (products got fetched all the sudden).

Now I am not able to use new sandbox accounts again, it keep asking to change the password upon first login and then it doesn't work anyway.

Anybody has any luck? I had the same problem as of some 12 hours ago. When I used a test user to test an in-app purchase on the last new year's eve, the system didn't require me to change the password after logging into an account. Now, every time I test an in-app purchase, the system first requires me to log in and then change the password. That's where trouble starts.

I've sent a notice of trouble to Contact Us. And they've replied and told me to show steps as usual.

I am also facing the same issue.

The same issue.

Same issue

Same issue

Same issue here.

Same here

Ditto. Why there isn't a streamlined "create me a sandbox user so i can just test crap" button that does just that is beyond me..amazing.