How are MDM settings exposed in iOS application settings

We have an Airwatch managed application which has some managed settings. We also have at least one setting that we want the user to have individual control over which exists in the ROOT.PLIST file. We also want to expose or show the managed settings via the application setting app on the device.

We can see the root.plist items in the application settings but not the managed settings. Via code we can access both the root.plist items and the items pushed down via airwatch. I'm pretty sure its straightforward but how can we get the managed settings exposed in the applications settings?

Typically one would not want these items exposed for modification but it is necessary to have the ability to change these settings for troubleshooting purposes.

Replies

The best way to share information between your app and ALL MDM providers is via Managed App Configuration. Check out the Sample, the docs and implement by simply reading UserDefaults.

AND the MDM community is looking to create a common vocabulary for settings typically used across apps.

-Mark

I don't think Ive been clear on what I am trying to accomplish.

I have a setting, call it UnManagedOne, which exists in the root.plist. This just allows the user to set a local preference for their experience. This setting shows up in the application settings under the settings app on the device

We have other setting(s), call it ManagedOne, which is pushed down via airwatch. We want to manage this setting but we also want the user to have the ability to change should we need to do any troubleshooting. This setting is not shown in the application settings under the settings app on the device. We want to be able to have this setting accessible under the application settings.

If you pull the info.plist from a device we can see the persisted values for both the managed and unmanaged settings. The managed settings show up under a key, com.apple.configuration.managed?? I believe, while the other setting(s) show in the root node.

Maybe I should be asking is there a way to have the settings under a different key to show in the application settings.

I feel I am still too unclear.

Hi, were you able to achieve this? I am also looking for similar thing