Xcode 8 Profiles Won't Download

I have an issue where some of the profiles I am using are not able to be used in xCode 8. When I go to preferences and see a list of profiles for my team when I hit download the download link just turns gray and if I look in the mobile devices folder where it downloads the profiles it is downloading it but it never recognizes it in xCode. The link just turns black again and it still says download even tho the profile is in the Mobile Devices folder.

Works fine in xcode 7

Replies

Same issue here. None of the workarrounds provided here and on stackoverflow worked for me. this is a huge show stopper for us.

same issue here. The "Download" button disables, but when opening the dialog again, the "Download" button is enable again.

Tried your recommended workaround. Still not working. These are profiles that worked fine on my previous machine in Xcode 8, and also work fine on my team members machines with Xcode 8, just not mine. Same hardware, same OS, we each followed same steps to setup and install provisioning profiles.

I did try it several times. This solution did not work!

Latest Xcode 8.2.1 have this bug! 😟

Been dealing with the same issue for quite a while now. No workarounds work/exist.

Same issue here, the "Download" button disables, but when opening the dialog again, the "Download" button is enable again.

I think I have a solution. I had the exact same problem. When I selected 'Download All Profiles' two of them turned grey and never downloaded.

They way I solved it may sound counter intuitive but both are now installed because of that.

Go to https://developer.apple.com/account/mac/profile/and select the provisioning profile under 'Provisioning Profiles -> All -> Your Profile' where 'Your Profile' should be substituted with whatever profile you have issues with. You should see 3 buttons being 'Delete', 'Edit' and 'Download'.

Select 'Edit'. Next select 'Generate'. That's it. If you now go back to 'Xcode' you will see that the profiles have downloaded.

First time I did it just for one and I couldn't believe it myself. But when it worked for the second profile it seemed to be too much of a coincidence.

Note that I did this for a mac development profile but if you do this for IOS it should work the same.

I would like to add to FredA answer, that before re-generating the profiles the Xcode cannot recognize as being downloaded, you have to in fact REMOVE respective .mobileprovision files from ../Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/ directory.

And then, try to download them via Xcode.

If, for instance Xcode cannot see the provision profile at all (also "nice" bug), download the profile manually, and drag-n-drop it onto Xcode icon. Double-check, Xcode can see it.

@Apple This is a complete show stopper for me. I've tried everything to get Xcode to read the provisioning profile. The solution you gave does not work 😟.

I believe this is strictly a UI issue. The profiles do get properly downloaded if right click the profile, then select "Show in Finder", it's there!

Xcode Version 8.2 (8C38)

Same problem here. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. The best results right now I get by downloading the profiles manually and the install them in Xcode by double-clicking on them. All six profiles I just tested with got installed in the correct folder (use "Show in Fonder"), but only five of the profiles are shown correctly in the Xcode preferences, one (that IS installed) still shows the "DOWNLOAD" button.

Same problem here with XCode 8.3.2

What worked for us was to make each member an admin - refresh the profiles in xcode - and switch members back to non-admin

This is half of the solution. After doing that, "Automatically manage signing" does not properly work. I had to manually manage signing