The maximum number of apps for free development profiles has been reached

Hi,

I updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 10.

Since then, when I try to install an app on my iPhone via Xcode, I get an error saying "The maximum number of apps for free development profiles has been reached."

I deleted apps that were installed through Xcode from my device but I still get this error.

I tried on Xcode 8 beta too.

What can I do?

Regards,

Ben.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ben9923 Down vote post of ben9923
60k views

Replies

How many did you make?

The 'free' provisioning profiles expire after one week - perhaps if you wait and try again later. See: Xcode's Free Provisioning

Otherwise, your option is to purchase a paid Individual Developer Account.

Use another free ID and delete the existing developer profile in the phone.

You'll be good to go.

Done that by using my girl's appleID (an account more than a yr old that has never been used to develop)
Tried to make 1 app and I got the same **** error.

The maximum number of apps for free development profiles has been reached.

Until when someone will realize this is not normal?

It is normal for Apple to have rules & limits. Don't take it personally.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT

I was getting this - it seems to be related to the number of apps using that profile installed on the device you are testing on. I deleted all the apps I'd created using that profile and the error went away. My app installed successfully, and after re-permitting the developer account I was able to debug successfully.

I had installed about 5 demo/sample apps (mostly from AWS). I deleted those from my device, and the error went away.

This leads me to believe that this sort of restriction is meant for larger app production companies who many have multiple apps in active development but only use one of more paid developer accounts to distribute on the app store. In other words, these larger companies may have to cough up for unpaid intern Apple Developer accounts 😉 Just guessing.

>this sort of restriction is meant for larger app production companies

Isn't that what Teams and/or TestFlight is for?

I seriously doubt anything about free provisioning is related to companies that profit from the store 😉

Try this, it works for me... 🙂 Yes... is a Chinese site but...

there it is

http://www.jianshu.com/p/99c441070b22

Thanks for your help.

You've reached the maximum number of test apps on your phone. XCode doesn't check if your overwriting an existing app. Just delete a the test app from your phone and you will not have to wait for a week.

Delete 2 testing apps from your phone and you will not have to repeatedly delete the app between builds.

I had the same issue. You get the same error if you have the option on the iPhone activated to unload apps if you storage is low. If you have apps with a cloud symbol ☁ you have to download or delete them. After this you can install from Xcode without error

Thank you so much, you saved me.

I had the same problem found this answer and it solved everything https://stackoverflow.com/a/61978102/12648845
@jdk124 sos el mejor...