How can I delete an app from iTunes Connect which has the status "Prepare for submission"?

Hello,

I want to delete an app from iTunes Connect, the app has the status "Prepare for Submission". I want to mention that the app has never been approved to the App Store. Thank you in advance.

Replies

The iTunes Connect Guide explains all the variables and options for 'Deleting an App'...just remember that if it has been sitting there for some time, it may be a zombie, so...

Am I correct to assume you are facing the same problem I described in https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/29512 ...?

If so, I'd be curious to know if you found a solution.

For as long as I've been using iTunes Connect, in order to delete your app, you must have one approved version before the delete button is available. It's extremely frustrating and difficult to understand the motivation. I hope they add this in the near future, but given the consistent request, it hasn't' been addressed in over 1.5 years.

This doesn't make any sense. I have two apps hanging that I can't release, simply because we don't even have builds for them. And I can't remove them for whatever reason. Neither can I reach out to support to have them manually remove these apps from my dashboard....