LSOpenURLsWithRole -10699 error

Does anyone know what this error code means? It's not listed in LSInfo.h. I get this error when trying to launch my app from my installer's post-install script (as a convenience for my users). The installation succeeds and I can manually launch the app both from the Finder and with "open" from the CLI and I can run from Xcode with no problems. Previous versions of the app & installer have worked fine - the main change in this version is that I replaced calls to AuthorizationExecuteWithPrivileges with XPC calls to a helper tool that my app installs with SMJobBless. This all works fine in standalone mode and all my unit tests pass.

One more bit of info: if I reset my test VM to a clean state, the installation succeeds and the app is launched as expected. However, if I install again (to simulate an update), I get the -10699 error. It must have something to do with my helper tool, but what?

Many thanks in advance for any insights,

Sak

Replies

Error -10699 is a private error (

kLSAppIsBeingUpdatedErr
) that indicates that the app can’t be lauched because it is currently being updated. I’m not sure why you’re getting that in the circumstances you’ve described.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"