IOS ignores HID over GATT report notifications

Hello!

I've been working on a BLE PROFILE which is based on HID over GATT.

its main ability is to send mouse notification reports, this works fine on android but

doesnt work on IOS. it is as if the IOS is ignoring/blocking the sent reports.

i would love some advice or direction twards the solution of my problem.

thanks in advance!

Replies

HID profiles are directly consumed by the system in iOS and not passed on to the apps.

Apps cannot interact with HID devices directly, but only through system services. For example, data from a keyboard device will come to an app as keyed in data, not through Core Bluetooth.

does iOS support HID profiles over BLE ? If yes, are there any examples or tutorials on this.

Our application, 1) receive a unique number from our BLE smartcard reader device 2) populate this unique number to a field in the brower.

Please help me !!!

I have a ble device ,it has tow services.,one of them is battery service. does Mac os support HID profiles over BLE ?

Is there an example?

Please help me ..

thank you very much !!!

You should know that HID mouse is not supoorted by iOS. I have no idea why Apple chose to remove the mouse from their operating system, but they did. As it stands, only Keyboard and Gamepads are recognized HID profiles. I have gotten the Keybaord to work, and the Gamepad connects but will not send any commands to the actual game. I suspect that I do not have MFi support, and therfore cannot use my Gamepad profile to play games. This is odd, however, since my Gamepad is a Bluetooth Low Energy device and should not require MFi certification.

On a side note, I have used the Bluetooth Low Energy Keyboard and am able to play iCade games.

Mac does support HID profiles over BLE. I have succesully gotten a Keyboard, Mouse and Gamepad driver to work on my Mac.I have played several games on Mac with the Bluetooth Low Eergy Gamepad. Also, I have made a Bluetooth Low Energy Mouse and Keyboard, both are working on Mac. Mac is very good when it comes to Bluetrooth Low Energy. Very reliable connection. Better than Windows and Android.

iOS standar functionality does not allow to present itself as a keyboard or other input device(HID).

I see no reason why it can't be use by apps the same way macOS does.

Such feature would allow many interesting app types.

Could You pleasse clarify Apple's position regarding this ?