xcode 8 works slowly with breakpoint

I have updated my Xcode to version 8.0, but it will take a long time to show me the line where the breakpoint is set.

Replies

Thanks for the bug. Can I confirm you have a Touch Bar enabled Macbook Pro?

<edit> Or if it is not, have you been using the Touch Bar simulator in Xcode?

Also, if you have a chance to try the 10.12.2 beta (or jump on it whenever it goes GM) it would be good to know if you still see the issue.

I suspect yours might be a known issue when the Touch Bar is visible (not an option if it's in your hardware). If you have a chance to try 10.12.2 beta, that could help.

For Apple Engineers: 28622049

This is worth its own bug, I don't think your symptoms are covered by bugs already listed in this thread. A sysdiagnose of Xcode while experiencing this issue would be very helpful.

Hi Troy,

Thanks for that - raised 29613165 including sysdiagnose and instruments traces of Xcode.

No it's an iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)

The Touch Bar Simulator is not in use. I have opened it once (a while ago) to see what it looks like.

Thanks,

Updating to 10.12.2 seems to have solved the problem

I am seeing the same issues as described above. As of now, I am using xcode Version 8.2 (8C38), and macOS Sierra Version 10.12.2 (16C67)

Hitting this after upgrading to macOS 10.12.3 (from 10.11.something) and Xcode 8.1 (from 6.4). While trying to step through code in our large C++ application, each "Step Over" operation takes anywhere frm 10-30 seconds to complete. It make debugging wholly unusable.

Upgrading Xcode to 8.2.1 appears to have resolved it.