Can we get wifi connect result after provide password throughNEHotspothelper

I am using NEHotspothelper to provide password for some Wifi hotposts, the encryption method is WPA2.

Now I can set password for them and when user click the wifi, he can connect it successfully without providing password himself.

Then when user connect the Wifi successfully, I can get "kNEHotspotHelperCommandTypeEvaluate" event.

But when I get this event, I can't tell if user connect successfully through my app or input password himself. Is there anyway to distinguish these two situations?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Reply

But when I get this event, I can't tell if user connect successfully through my app or input password himself. Is there anyway to distinguish these two situations?

No. NEHotspotHelper was really designed for traditional hotspots, where the network is open and you authenticate via HTTP. Its support for Wi-Fi level authentication is very limited. When you run into a limitation that causes problems for your app, I encourage you to file an enhancement request describing the support you’d like to see added.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

No. NEHotspotHelper was really designed for traditional hotspots, where the network is open and you authenticate via HTTP. Its support for Wi-Fi level authentication is very limited. When you run into a limitation that causes problems for your app, I encourage you to file an enhancement request describing the support you’d like to see added.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"