Instrument on wifi

Hi,

I know that there is an option to instrument a device on wifi when choosing the device with alt/options key before pushing the device dropdown.

Although following the instructions I still can't see my device as wifi (both on same wifi, iOS 10.1, iPhone 6S).

Was this option removed from instruments? If yes, how can I test by power consumption in a different way? (trying to grab the energy log from device with instruments will always tell me 1/20 which means that the device is connected to power, although its not).

Thanks.

Replies

Unfortunately, wireless debugging is not enabled right now for the Xcode 8.x series.

So what is the right way to check my app's energy consumption? As I stated trying with device's developer options will still show 1/20 although device is not connected to power.

Unfortunately, right now there isn't a means to do that. We have a radar tracking the issue already.

Is there priority in your plans given the #courage to go all wireless on iPhone 7?

We have hardware accessories that we test with and also often need to test between audio routes with headphone plugged in or not.

Is wirelesss supported in 9.4.1? I am unable to get Xcode to dicover the iOS 11.4 device on the Mac when untethered!