Sandboxed App whit UBS devices whit Arduino like hardware.

Hi.

I am developing a app for 3D printers that comunicate throught USB port to 3D printers, CNCs, etc; this most printers use Open Hardware like Arduino... etc... I Use poxis functions to comunicate whit the USB port like open(), write(), read(), close().. etc... at speeds of 200,000 bits per second ... if I Sandbox the app I lost accces to USB port. I read. https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/DeviceDrivers/Conceptual/USBBook/USBIntro/USBIntro.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40002643-TPXREF101 and related docs for SandBox Apps for gain acces to USB port but, I dont find any help to my problen ... Can guideme about gain acces to the USB port...? Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Manuel

Accepted Reply

According to Table 4-7 in the Entitlement Key Reference, you can access serial ports via the

com.apple.security.device.serial
. I’ve not tried this myself but I suggest you take it for a spin and see where it takes you.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

According to Table 4-7 in the Entitlement Key Reference, you can access serial ports via the

com.apple.security.device.serial
. I’ve not tried this myself but I suggest you take it for a spin and see where it takes you.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi eskimo. work fine uffff saved...🙂