CloudKit private database pricing

Hello!

I have a question about CloudKit pricing. According to Apple price policy developers don’t have to pay for using private storage. However, I don’t understand whether there’s a limit to using:

1) Data transfer for private database.

2) Request per second for private database.

Could you help me to figure it out?

Replies

Hi Serg!

There is no difference in pricing in Private or Public containers (databases). As seen on https://developer.apple.com/icloud you get 40 requests per second, 2 GB data transfer, 100 MB database storage and 10 GB assets storage. And that's just for starter, if you happen to have more users the requests per second will scale upp and the storage will scale per user.

Although, if you exceed these limits, you'll need to pay $100 per extra 10 requests/s, $0.1/GB in data transfer, $3/GB in database storage and $0.03/GB in assets storage.

I hope this answers your question!

Have a great day.

>There is no difference in pricing in Private or Public containers (databases).

I am pretty sure this is wrong as it relates to storage space in the private container. The user, not the developer, is charged if they use more than a certain amount of private space. I am uncertain whether anyone is charged for data transfer and requests per second into the private space - so I can't answer the original question.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of PBK Down vote reply of PBK

You're correct, this is what I found in the design guide:

Each container is divided into public and private databases, each of which is represented by a CKDatabase object. Any data written to the private database is visible only to the current user and is stored in that user’s iCloud account. Data written to the public database is visible to all users of the app and is stored in the app’s iCloud storage.

I'm sorry if I mislead you, Serg.

Are you sure about it?

I'm asking because I don't see any storage usage in the iCloud settings(iPhone -> settings -> icloud -> usage of the app ....)

Private database storage goes against the user’s account quota and they pay for that. Data transfer from public to private will cost the user. Data transfer from private to public will cost the developer. This is covered within