Is there any property or option available to keep the IPSec IKEv1 tunnel alive

Hello,

We are implementing the IPSec VPN using the NEVPNManager. We are using NEVPNProtocoleIPSec API which implements IKEv1 version of the protocol for VPN tunnel configuration. We are finding that the tunnel comes down every 55-60 minutes and unable to find anything in the documentation that indicates any option to set the life time or keep alive.

Is there any property or option available to set the duration of the security asscoaition for longer periods of time?

Thank you,

Shalini.

Replies

If you configure the VPN via a configuration profile, do you see the same problem?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi,

We have not tested with a configuration profile. Correct me if I am wrong, in order to test with configuration profile should we not be using a certificate for authentication? We are using a shared secret for authentication. Please let us know as to how can we test with a configuration profile if we are using a shared secret

Thank you,

Shalini.

Any configuration that you can set up via NEVPNManager can be set up via a configuration profile.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Hi,

We tested it with the configuration profile and the tunnel did come down after 55-60mins.

Thank you,

Shalini.

We tested it with the configuration profile and the tunnel did come down after 55-60mins.

OK. I have two suggestions for you:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”