PDFKit bug on Sierra....PDFThumbnailView does not draw on screen.

I use PDFThumbnailView. On SIerra, the thumbnails don't draw on screen. Just a blank white view. Was working fine prior to sierra.

Replies

PDFKit became useless in Sierra. I had an app fully ready for deployment, then Sierra came and I cannot release it because they blew PDFKit. All this investment lost ...

Did you find a solution for that problem or can you recommend a third-party class which can be used instead of the system thumbnail view?

Set your PDFThumbnailView's pdf view property in code (this got the thumbnail view to draw, but it doesn't respond to clicks on Sierra)...

What's up with PDFKit? So many of the PDFAnnotation subclasses are deprecated, and I can't find any indication of a replacement. Should we be reporting bugs? Or looking for alternatives?

Another bug I stumbled on that broke one of my apps is that the PDFViewDocumentChangedNotification is not posted on Sierra.

Yes I noticed that too and reported the bug (#29328850). Very annoying 😠 !

Another bug (#29113895): cannot drag & drop a PDF file on a PDFView/PDFThumbnailView anymore. Of course the flag allowsDragging is set to true.