Home app stuck on Loading Home... screen

When I launch the app it just gets stuck on this white screen that says Loading Home. I tried deleting it and reinstalling from the App Store but no luck so far. I see my devices and scenes in the Control Center widget. Anyone else having issues?

Replies

Yes, same problem here and this fix worked: turn in Keychain on the original device.

No solution by far. You have to contact Apple Support.

*so far

Same thing for me in iOS 10.1.1 as well...

Can anyone confirm that Homekit actually work at all on multiple devices?

Yes, changing Apple id all works fine via iCloud.

On 10.1.1, this happened to me as well after I tried inviting a guest. Using a 3rd uninvited Apple ID worked, but the other 2 were both corrupted. I ended up letting the app run with the device unlocked for close to 30 minutes and it eventually gave me an option to reset my HomeKit configuration, which then fixed everything.

I upgraded to the latest build of iOS 10.1.1 and waited several hours and still never got the reset.

One thing that I hope helps us move forward is that I found out you can get pass the "Loading Accessories and Scenes" page if you 3D Touch the home icon (on capable devices) and choose " New Scene +". It allows me to at least see the UI, though I haven't been able to do anything after that. Hopefully, someone else can figure something out.

Hi, having same issues as everyone else, tried all fixes without sucess. Can't even 3D touch on the icon!

Has anyone had any progress with Apple/ is this fixed in iOS 10.1?

I don't have the advanced setting under Keychain on iOS 10.1.1, Could you detail how you did it in IOS 10?

I was able to fix this issue by doing the following after many many hours of troubleshooting and usuless calls to Apple Support.

Under Settings - iCloud optionsTurned off keychain

Under Settings - iCloud options toggle off "Home" Make sure "backup" is enabled and complete a backup.Took about 45 mins to complete this step.

Once backup was completed I did a restore of the iPhone using iTunes, once restored I set the phone up as new and did initial setup.

Logged in with my Apple ID

I then opened homekit and everything worked great, Went in and deleted my Home that was created and closed the app ...and then enabled iCloud, home and Keychain as new .

Now to get my stuff back!

I then completed another restore using iTunes but this time I restored from my iCloud backup from the first step. After Restore I Also turned on Home setting and keychain after restore.

Restore from backup took about 45 mins as well and then another few hours because I had to redo my finger prints, pair watch, sync over 120 GB of music and Apple Pay and other things but it was worth it to get Home kit working. Also turned on Home setting and keychain after restore.

Also spents hours on the phone with Apple and several reps who really didn't seem to know much about homekit and no luck at all fixing this issue. I came up with this after thinking it over. Hope it helps others too! After I fixed it I emailed the last rep I was speaking with I would let them know the fix if they wanted but I never heard back yet.

Same issue here. I tried the fix suggested by Chewie316 but not working for me. And it is not fixed with 10.1.1.

It must be linked to the icloud account used. When restoring the phone as new and without using an iCloud account, the home app is working fine. As soon as I put my icloud account, the issue begins... Any advice will be appreciate.

Im really sorry I might have missed a step I think it has to do with iCloud and Keychain but I could be wrong I edited my original post to include turning off keychain.

Did you also make sure to delete the existing home once you did get it working after restore as new. Thats when I turned back on iCloud and keychain.

I am not sure what exact step fixed it for me but I was hoping it would work for others too.

Make sure you did all the steps and Let me know if you are still having issues.

This didn't solve it for me, either.

I'm close to giving up. Engineering has known about this issue for over a year; no matter how many people report it, send logs, follow up — no fix. Seems that this bug isn't a big priority for Apple.

Jeremy,

Thanks for the solution. This worked for me too except that I backed up my phone to the computer, not the iCloud. I hate how apple ignores this major flaw in their OS so many month after people started reporting it.

Also I was pairing Ecobee and maybe it will help someone. In order to pair your thermostats with home kit app after you bring back your OS from the back up, you will need to reset existing/previously created pairing with home kit. It wasn't obvious to me.

Alex

Mine got fixed now. Just logging in and out of iCloud