Xcode 8.1GM fails to codesign .bundle with Resources dir

I've seen this error in the past but it's come back. 😟

Here's what it spits out (redacted)

CodeSign ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/...BundleName.bundle
    cd ~/.../Pods
    export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate
    export PATH="..."

Signing Identity:     "-"

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign - --timestamp=none ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/...BundleName.bundle

~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/...BundleName.bundle: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

Have development pod with .bundle packages in the src. Those packages have directories named Resources. If we change it to anything else, the problem goes away.

Worked fine on Xcode 8.0

Replies

same problem on Xcode 8.1 (8B62)

bundle include png, xib files and Resources dir.

Info.plist is already exists in bundle root path.

anyone found a workaround?

Could you post a image of your build settings?

The problem is solved by updating Cocopods to latest version

It seems can post I image without image URL.

hope these words help you.

just select the project and find

TARGETS—Bulid Settings——Packaging——info.plist File add an info.plist

just create an empty File fixed this problem, the first time I use Xcode8.1 is OK.I don't why it came out.

I had the same problem. I did the following steps, and it sovled. Select Pods in the navigation --> TARGETS --> your BundleName --> Signing(Enable Development Signing) --> Identity(Choose Info.plist File). Then I can run it on my simulator.

Yes. That will fix the issue, but why we need to do that. Hope that new xcode 8.2 can fix this issue.

I have the same problem on Xcode 8.1, I was trying to follow you, but there's no Info.plist in Signing Identity.
Here what I got

https://s22.postimg.org/ij7znfygx/Screen_Shot_2016_11_02_at_11_32_24_AM.jpg

Can you elaborate please?

if U use cocoapods, upgrade your cocoapods to 1.0。upgrade cocoapods to latest version can fix this issue.

Identity(Choose Info.plist File).

Is the Code Signing Identify not selecting a certificate but a plist file? But how do I select a file?

Projects do not use Pod, I use self-built bundle

No, updating to cocoapods 1.0 doesn't help. I have been at cocoapods version 1.1.1 for a long time and still this is an issue.

Not for me. Problem persists with cocoapods 1.1.1

Yes, I agree with xaphod. If you are using Xcode 8.1, upgrading the cocoapods to the latest does not work. Adding the info.list is the solution.

Setting a plist in the bundle as stated worked. But updating cocoapods, and re-installing your pods is the right way to do it, as it also works.

So, don't forget to re-run pod install after updating it.

I had the same issue where everything worked fine until I upgraded to xcode 8.1. I eventually discovered my pod file didn't have one of my targets associated with it, after fixing that and running 'pod install' everything worked for me. As to why things were working before I upgraded to 8.1, I may never know.

In my case I already had an info.plist auto-generated by cocoapods.

The issue was that in one of my pods, it was using a resource bundle that XCode stopped accepting in 8.1 (worked fine in 8.0 and before). After rearranging the folder hierarchy of the bundle, it started working again. Specifically, the resource bundle had Contents/Resources/... which I changed to just Resources/...

Not sure if this'll help anyone. But that's the fix for me.