5 Replies
      Latest reply: Aug 30, 2017 12:44 AM by eskimo RSS
      shieldagematt Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Is there a way to determine what application the NEFlow traffic is coming from?

• Re: NetworkExtension Flow source of traffic
          eskimo Apple Staff Apple Staff (7,550 points)

NEAppProxyFlow has a metaData property of type NEFlowMetaData.  This, in turn, has both sourceAppUniqueIdentifier and sourceAppSigningIdentifier properties.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
          Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware
          let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

shieldagematt Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am trying to determine the traffic coming from in NEFilter extentions, not the NEAppProxy extension. Is this possible in the NEFilter network extensions?

Is this possible in the NEFilter network extensions?

No.  If you'd like to see such support added in the future, I encourage you to file an enhancement request describing your requirements.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

bruce027 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi, eskimo

I implement a NEPacketTunnelProvider Extension, when I read out the NEPacket from the packetTunnelProvider's pacekFlow property, why the metaData of NEPacket is always NULL? I want to get the "sourceAppSigningIdentifier" from it to determin from which App every packet come from.

Or Is there other methods to achieve the purpose?

thanks

I implement a NEPacketTunnelProvider Extension, when I read out the NEPacket from the packetTunnelProvider's pacekFlow property, why the metaData of NEPacket is always NULL?

Are you running the packet tunnel provider in per-app VPN mode?  Only per-app VPN (either an app proxy or a packet tunnel provider in per-app VPN mode) has access to this metadata.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”