Xcode 8.1GM fails to codesign .bundle with Resources dir

I've seen this error in the past but it's come back. 😟

Here's what it spits out (redacted)

CodeSign ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/...BundleName.bundle
    cd ~/.../Pods
    export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate
    export PATH="..."

Signing Identity:     "-"

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign - --timestamp=none ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/...BundleName.bundle

~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/...BundleName.bundle: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

Have development pod with .bundle packages in the src. Those packages have directories named Resources. If we change it to anything else, the problem goes away.

Worked fine on Xcode 8.0

Replies

Same problem. But I only got this with a simulator, it is fine with my iPhone.

Seeing the same thing, anyone found a workaround?

Same here 😟

>Worked fine on Xcode 8.0

Tried today's 8.1 Release (8B62) version?

Same problem.Xcode 8.1

CodeSign /Users/xx/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ytb-hbgmbcbysyfddgackcqvvjbrkiba/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Appirater.bundle
    cd /Users/xx/Desktop/xx/xx/Pods
    export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"

Signing Identity:     "-"
    /usr/bin/codesign --force --sign - --timestamp=none /Users/xx/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ytb-hbgmbcbysyfddgackcqvvjbrkiba/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Appirater.bundle
/Users/xx/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ytb-hbgmbcbysyfddgackcqvvjbrkiba/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Appirater.bundle: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

same problem on Xcode8.1

but worked fine on Xcode 8.0

Indeed. Xcode 8.0 can be downloaded here: https://developer.apple.com/download/more/

Same problem.Xcode 8.1

😟 Same problem on Xcode 8.1 (8B62)

I found that adding an Info.plist for the bundle targets solved the issue for me.

I have the same issue, how did you solved it exactly? Adding Info.plist...? where?

Thanks!

In the build settings for the bundle, under the section called packaging, there's an entry "Info.plist File". I created a simple file and then referenced it from that setting.

I got the same problem on Xcode 8.1, any solution?

It works on me.

Thank you!

I solved my issue. I am using CocoaPods, and one of my pods is reference a resource path which does not exist like

s.resource_bundles = {
    'aPod' => ['Pod/Assets/*.png']
}

After I removed these lines, the error is gone.

But I still don't understand why it is only a problem with simulator.