Home app stuck on Loading Home... screen

When I launch the app it just gets stuck on this white screen that says Loading Home. I tried deleting it and reinstalling from the App Store but no luck so far. I see my devices and scenes in the Control Center widget. Anyone else having issues?

Replies

Ok, now the reset function showed up again on my iPhone. So i tapped that, but yeah, now my iPad isn't working... So, I can only have one device at the time. Does everyone have this problem or does it actually work on multiple devices?

I have a work phone logged into iCloud that is still running iOS 9, so I'm planning on doing the reset this evening.

If this works, it seems simpler to find any old iOS device running iOS 9 and then log in to iCloud to get access to the Reset HomeKit option.

Jeez I don't want to go to all this erase / restore... Any chance Apple will fix it?..

I was finally able to get the downloaded diagnostic file from my phone to my advisor who was going to forward it to the engineers. I assume it will be fixed by an update. Who knows when that will be since iOS 10.1 beta already came out several days ago and I assume it does not address this issue.

I gave up to wait and did the full restore. it worked.

What version OS are you on? Do you have multiple devices and does it function properly on all?

Found a solution that worked for me without even restarting my device!

• Sign out of iCloud. If you are prompted Delete notes and images from the device, but chose "Keep on my device" when asked for locally stored calendars.
  • Log In with another iCloud account or create a new one. Best option might be to create a new clean @icloud.com account.
  • When asked tap "Dont merge data".
  • Log out of your secondary account.
  • Shut down the Home app if you havent already done so.
  • Activate Keychain with your security code.
  • Now the Home App should start with the welcome screen.

I never heard any follow up from Apple regarding the diagnostic report I sent into the engineers. I did follow the procedures described above by Jeremy4530 and bangerman and they did indeed work. I discovered you don't even need to restore from iTunes. Simply go into your phone's General Settings menu, select "Erase all Content and Settings" and set up the phone as a new phone. Login with your AppleID and turn Keychain on. You can open the Home app and it will work fine. Then "Erase all Content and Settings" again, and restore from iCloud back up. Once the phone loads up, go to the Home app again. You will get the same "Loading Accessories and Scenes" screen again. You need to stay on that screen for about 30 minutes, and the option to reset the Home app will finally pop up. Click it and everything will work fine. Thanks for the help guys!!!

I have followed your steps, but I still have the same problem..... I have also sent my diagnostics data to Apple by more that a month and they still don't fix that..

Does it work for you guys on multiple devices, like both an iPhone and iPad? I don't have any trouble to get the reset screen to show, it's always showing after a while for me. And when I reset it works perfectly on that device. My problem is that I can't use it on multiple devices. It just "loading..." on the new device until the reset function shows. And when I reset it works fine on that device but will make the previous device to stuck at "loading...". And I can continue to do this back and forth like forever, but can't make it work on multiple devices at the same time 😟

Any news?

Still same thing for me in iOS 10.1

I've read through this entire thread and am having the identical issue. I've tried everything on this list from the top to the bottom.

My phone worked like a charm, the first time. When I go to setup a 'family' device it locks up at the loading scenes. If I reset homekit, the problem flips to the other device.

Was anyone ever able to solve the multiple device/account issue where only the first iCloud account devices work?

Hi you have to contact apple and send your diagnostic data...

I also do have same issue with my iphone 7. Is there any other effective solution launched by Apple? Please help me.