El Capitan broke the App Store and Safari

Hello all,

Recently I downloaded El Capitan onto my Macbook Pro, and now I cannot seem to get into certain websites like facebook, or even the developer portion of the apple website. Strangely, I can get into every other part of apple's website, but not the developer portion. I had to download Firefox to get into it and write this post. Also, the App Store is broken in such a way that when I try and open it, all that is displayed is the start logo. I can click on the tabs like Featured and Purchased, but nothing on the screen changes except the color changes to show that I successfully clicked it. Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

-Andrew

Accepted Reply

I was having the same problem. I thought it was certificates so I tried fixing any that were expired but there were none. Then I uninstalled my malware software (avast) and everything began working again.

Replies

I was having the same problem. I thought it was certificates so I tried fixing any that were expired but there were none. Then I uninstalled my malware software (avast) and everything began working again.

Do you have any firewall, anti-malware solution, VPN, proxy installed on your Mac? This sounds like an AV or proxy issue to me. It's not an issue in El Cap for sure as we would've seen a lot of reports at once.

Thanks, I had avast installed too and unistalling it fixed everything.

Norton was the cause for me.

I am having the same problem with my Mac App Store. When i open it up, the application does not respond, and will not let me update anything. I am still stuck on El Cap Beta 1 and would like to get to the next beta. I do not have any anti-virus software on my Mac and i also made sure my firewall and everything was turned off. Any Suggestions?

Ive got no AV software installed and Ive got the same error I can not open most SSL "https" sites and I get a xcode error asking if I want to continue as the certificate for developerservices2.com is invliad and could be from a untrusted source .

the only way i COULD ACCESS this site is by using FireFox as its the only browser that works for most ssl sites. I know Firefox has its own root cert folder thats why I just downloaded it so I could access this forumn for help.

All my root certs look fine Ive got two certs in the system keychain I can not find updates for which are code but they are also expired on my other mac running 10.04 so that should not be the issue. Any help would be good as it make this mac unuable and I can not even open ASpp Store as its having problems and I know its a cert error as well.

I know I read somewere that the first beta had issue with security services so maybee this is related

Apple Code Signing Certification Authority

Software Signing

Same here-no av software or the like, but Mac can't connect to the App Store.

Thank you ... you made my day ... 🙂🙂 ... had exactly the same issue ... caused by AVAST ... deinstallation fixed it... again ... thank you

I also am having the same issue... Hoping that there is some solution or workaround soon... Hoping that I don't have to resort to wiping my drive and restoring. Updated to El Capitan beta -Can't connect to app store, feedback assistant, certain Apple websites -can't update to further betas due to not being able to connect to the app store

and the same here...

I did this and my app store started working so thank you. But I'm revert back to Yosemite and it won't download from the app store. What should I do?

Same here 😠 😢

Help help!

10.11 Beta (15A215h)

iMac (20-inch, Early 2008)

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I had a DNS encryption app called DNSCrypt which encrypts all DNS-related activity, and I uninstalled it. Internet worked again. There is some ravaging DNS bug that Apple has yet to locate and fix.

Can you confirm that a process called storeaccountd is crashing on your machine? Look into 'Console' app. I will put the link to the discussion into the radar I filed. Thanks.

Btw., the same happens for me if I try to open the iBooks Store.