App Development Curriculum 09_Types missing page 10

Hi All,

I am going through the App Dev Curriculum step and step and, aside from a few types, just discovered that 09_Types is missing page 10.

When you come to the end of page 9, you see this:

Previous | page 9 of 13 | Next: Beyond the Standard Library

But when you press the link for Next, you don't go to page 10 as expected. Instead, you arrive here:

Importing Frameworks, which is page 11. There is no choice in the Index to go page 10 either.

Also, I am not finding the link to re-download the curriculum either.

Please help fix this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Accepted Reply

Yes App Dev Curriculum is definitely an Apple thing.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction here. For those following along at home, App Development in Swift is on the iBooks Store at this URL. Page 5 of the book links to a

.zip
file that contains a bunch of playgrounds. This question is about the
09_Types.playground
within that archive.

Getting back to your question, there definitely seems to be a bug in the Next link on page 9 of that playground. You could fix this bug in your own local copy by choosing Editor > Show Raw Markup and then correcting the link. However, if you just want to continue with the tutorial, choose View > Navigators > Show Project Navigator, at which point you can navigate the playground pages by clicking on them in that navigator.

If you’d like to see this bug fixed in the published version of the playground, you should file a bug against it. Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

Is “App Dev Curriculum” an Apple thing? It’s not something I’m familiar with. Can you post a link? [Posting a link may require moderation but I can take care of that.]

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Hi sorry, since the forum list always listed my name I thought there has not been response at all.

Yes App Dev Curriculum is definitely an Apple thing. It is a companion component with the book App Development with Swift, which is still in the Apple Book Store. But I am not able to find the link to download the App Dev Curriculum again, and cannot even find any place that points to this book from Apple's main developer pages any more. Has there been a gigantic update to the books and playgrounds that made obselete?

I am half way through the book and have found several minor mistakes in the playground. Was wondering:

1. If there is an updated version of the App Dev Curriculum that I can download;

2. If I can contribute to the updates.

Thanks,

William

Yes App Dev Curriculum is definitely an Apple thing.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction here. For those following along at home, App Development in Swift is on the iBooks Store at this URL. Page 5 of the book links to a

.zip
file that contains a bunch of playgrounds. This question is about the
09_Types.playground
within that archive.

Getting back to your question, there definitely seems to be a bug in the Next link on page 9 of that playground. You could fix this bug in your own local copy by choosing Editor > Show Raw Markup and then correcting the link. However, if you just want to continue with the tutorial, choose View > Navigators > Show Project Navigator, at which point you can navigate the playground pages by clicking on them in that navigator.

If you’d like to see this bug fixed in the published version of the playground, you should file a bug against it. Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Many thanks eskimo. Sounded so simple to you. 🙂 Very helpful.

William