IKEV2 IOS 10.0.2

Hi,

I am facing one issue in Ikev2 ios VPN profile configuration. I have recieve 3 files from my server team.

1. test.crt

2. test.p12

3. test.mobilecofig

test.mobileconfig is working fine and connecting VPN successfully when tried in iPhone and iMac and it is compiled by test.cer and test.p12

As per your directions in other discussions in this forum. I tried to make new .mobileconfig VPN profile from test.crt and test.p12 via Apple Configurator1.7 and v2 . It didnot installs in any ios device and says

Profile installation failed.

The 'VPN Service' payload could not be installed. The VPN service could not be created.

When I tried to add them(test.crt) in IOS manual VPN profile configuration. It did not connects to VPN.

When I tried to load test.crt via programmatical apporach, VPN status are follows:

NEVPNStatusConnecting

NEVPNStatusDisconnecting

NEVPNStatusDisconnected

There is no error thrown while connecting / disconnecting etc.

I even try to make test.crt and test.p12 from XML of test.mobileconfig file. All in vain. I am unable to track the issue. How can I make sure where is the issue. Can I get the test.crt and test.p12 by reverse engineering from .mobileconfig file as I know .p12 files password or What else can I check to make sure everything is fine. Thanks

Replies

As per your directions in other discussions in this forum. I tried to make new .mobileconfig VPN profile from test.crt and test.p12 via Apple Configurator1.7 and v2 . It didnot installs in any ios device …

Interesting. The reason why I ask folks to start with a configuration profile is that I’m not an expert on VPN configuration. That’s because DTS only supports VPN APIs, while general VPN configuration is supported by AppleCare. If you can’t get your profile to work, you need to escalate this via a user support channel. These include:

If you get things working with a profile but then are still having problems with setting up Personal VPN via the NEVPNManager API, please do post back here with the details.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"