ERROR ITMS-90347: Bad bundle identifier.

A new error is occurring while uploading our app which includes an extension with a bundle identifier in the format ***.yyy.zzz. The *** is our application bundle identifier. We're receiving the following error message when submitting to the App Store:

ERROR ITMS-90347: "Bad bundle identifier. The bundle identifier "***.yyy.zzz" of the application extension ***.app/Plugins/xxxExtension.appex should start with the application's bundle identifier "***" and not contain more than one period "." after the application bundle ID.

We've been using this bundle ID for a few months now with no issues. Has anyone else gotten this error or could someone from Apple please comment?

Thanks,

Bobby

Accepted Reply

Apple has just updated their Dev Center CGU. It seems that the app extension bundleId is stricter.

if your app bundleId format is : com.my.app

your app extension bundleId now have to be : com.my.app.***

Creating new appID and provisioning profile fix the issue.

Replies

UPDATE: I've done it. I have no idea why or how but I decided that maybe having the word 'stickers' in my title of SnapStickers could be the cause of the issue. So I created a whole new AppID and provisioning profile using com.myname.SnapFilters instead. I then started a new Xcode sticker pack project and remade my sticker pack from scratch importing the icons and stickers etc. Then archived it using the new bundle ID of com.myname.SnapFilters and it went through successfully. I hope you all have success in this because my God was it driving me mad. But that's how I've solved it.

Thankyou Dan! I just tried what you suggested and it worked. I did not include "Stickers" or "StickerPackExtension" Manualy. My app id format was co.company.product.pack

Also, I have "Automatically Manage Signing" checked in General settings. It looks like they automically add ".StickerPackExtension" to the end of the bundle when you view the archive validator details.

This is pretty odd. I feel like Apple assumed that developers would understand how the bundle ID would be used, but didn't make it clear... and provided no support when developers ran into this issue. Whatever the logic was, it works as you stated.

I tried this and I get the same errors.

I don't get why its so hard to make this work.

I have tried ***.***.***

***.***.***.***

***.***

It just keeps saying the same thing.

so did you create a new bundle id in xcode ? or on the devloper site. I am in the same sit and need out. please...