2 Replies
      Latest reply: Dec 16, 2016 2:35 AM by Robin des Toits RSS
      cantgetnosleep Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hello,

Can anybody tell me what this error means?

10/20/16 12:31:53.323 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[437]: Error -60005 creating authorization

I'm debugging some codesigning and I keep seeing it and I can't find any info on it Also, if you happen to know what this one means, I'd further appreaciate it!

10/20/16 1:41:35.284 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[3107]: error -1 while removing quarantine data on path /Applications/PrintNode.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Headers

Thanks!

• Re: Error -60005 creating authorization
          eskimo Apple Staff Apple Staff (7,190 points)

10/20/16 12:31:53.323 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[437]: Error -60005 creating authorization

Error -60005 is errAuthorizationDenied, which means someone tried to acquire an authorisation right (using Authorization Services, typically AuthorizationCopyRights) and was denied.  It’s clear that someone in this case is CoreServicesUIAgent.  I wouldn’t worry about this unless you have some specific reason to believe it’s the cause of your other problems.

10/20/16 1:41:35.284 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[3107]: error -1 while removing quarantine data on path /Applications/PrintNode.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Headers

This means pretty much what it says:  CoreServicesUIAgent is trying to remove quarantine data (the extended attributes) from the specified file and that failed.  Unfortunately the error is a little vague.  My first guess is that Headers is a symlink that doesn’t resolve.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
          Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware
          let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

• Re: Error -60005 creating authorization
              Robin des Toits Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

I've got the same kind of problem: CoreServicesUIAgent: Error -60005 creating authorization

I've read your answer but I still don't know who is CoreServicesUIAgent... And so still don't know wht to do exactly!

This happens while I'm trying to install Java OSX 2015-001, download from this official link: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_US

I need this old version of Java to run Adobe Photoshop CS5.

The fact is that when I open the file JavForOSX.pkg it would never open the installation programm. It stays at the launcher's step.

I hope you would be able to help me

cheers