Error -60005 creating authorization

Hello,

Can anybody tell me what this error means?

10/20/16 12:31:53.323 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[437]: Error -60005 creating authorization

I'm debugging some codesigning and I keep seeing it and I can't find any info on it Also, if you happen to know what this one means, I'd further appreaciate it!

10/20/16 1:41:35.284 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[3107]: error -1 while removing quarantine data on path /Applications/PrintNode.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Headers

Thanks!

Replies

10/20/16 12:31:53.323 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[437]: Error -60005 creating authorization

Error -60005 is

errAuthorizationDenied
, which means someone tried to acquire an authorisation right (using Authorization Services, typically
AuthorizationCopyRights
) and was denied. It’s clear that someone in this case is
CoreServicesUIAgent
. I wouldn’t worry about this unless you have some specific reason to believe it’s the cause of your other problems.
10/20/16 1:41:35.284 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[3107]: error -1 while removing quarantine data on path /Applications/PrintNode.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Headers

This means pretty much what it says:

CoreServicesUIAgent
is trying to remove quarantine data (the extended attributes) from the specified file and that failed. Unfortunately the error is a little vague. My first guess is that
Headers
is a symlink that doesn’t resolve.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi,

I've got the same kind of problem: CoreServicesUIAgent: Error -60005 creating authorization

I've read your answer but I still don't know who is CoreServicesUIAgent... And so still don't know wht to do exactly!

This happens while I'm trying to install Java OSX 2015-001, download from this official link: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_US

I need this old version of Java to run Adobe Photoshop CS5.

The fact is that when I open the file JavForOSX.pkg it would never open the installation programm. It stays at the launcher's step.

I hope you would be able to help me 🙂

cheers