IPv6 Compatablity

Hi there,

I've recently submitted my App to be placed on the App Store.

My App was rejected on the ground that it was not Ipv6 Compatible.

With the crash report Apple provided I was able to localize the procedure where it crashed. Here it is:

init (sqlnr : String,p1 : String, p2 : String,p3 : String, p4 : String,p5 : String, handler: @escaping ()->Void) {

super.init()

Sql = sqlnr

start = Date()

let urlS = vv("https://website.pfitzer.nl/PHP/getappsql.php?sqlnr=\(sqlnr)&p1=\(p1)&p2=\(p2)&p3=\(p3)&p4=\(p4)&p5=\(p5)")

let url = URL(string: urlS)

parser = XMLParser(contentsOf: url!)!

self.parser!.delegate = self

doParse(handler)

}

My Question:

Does anybody know if XMLparser is not IPv6 compatible, or should I call my provider about this problem?

Replies

Does anybody know if XMLparser is not IPv6 compatible …

XMLParser handles IPv6 just fine (internally it uses NSURLConnection, ast I checked).

My App was rejected on the ground that it was not Ipv6 Compatible. With the crash report Apple provided …

Hmmmm, clearly there’s more to this than simple IPv6 compatibility. Any time your app touches the network, it should expect errors and respond to them in a reasonable fashion. So, imagine there were an IPv6 compatibility problem in XMLParser, the worst it can do is return an error to your app, the same sort of error your app would get if the network failed for any other reason. Your app should not crash in response to such errors.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"