Can't add card to search ads

So as Apple has just released their Search Advertising network I tried to set up my account but I'm encountering this error when trying to add my visa credit card (all correct details) "Error saving credit card information. Try again later." Does anyone else have this issue or know how it can be fixed?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of danielM12 Down vote post of danielM12
20k views

Replies

I am using Visa, and it still says "error"

Just got a response from support confirming that Apple Seach Ads will only accept a VISA card if it's attached to a line of credit ("credit card"), not to a checking account ("debit card"). No other explanation really. Perhaps it's a technical limitation or a fraud-protection something, but without more info I can only guess. No indication if this policy will ever change.

Response from support : "Please note that if your issuing bank considers your card type to be a debit card, we will not accept that card type. If you have a credit card that you know has been confirmed by your bank to not have any debit capabilities, please try adding that card as your valid payment method."

Anyhow, for the record, this was a card from USAA (US bank) for a US-Texas resident. I don't use credit cards, so I guess I'm out of luck here.

I have the same issue... i am usind visa debit card from Australia.

any response from Apple ?

I can't connect any of my cards.

Error saving credit card information. Try again later. (Error: 1481642133145)

I am having same issue, I have VISA Credit Card

Same here 😢

Currency is US dollar, VISA card, from Japan.

Having the same problem (have tried every day for one week) in Sweden, Mastercard.

"Error saving credit card information. Try again later. (Error: 1487185760125)"

L. O. L.

I met same problem and now fixed when I removed all virus checks and URL filters.

Master card from Japan. I hope this will help you.

The same problem (Cambodia)

The same problem (Kazakhstan, VISA debit card, currency - KZT)

I solve it by opening new virtual card in USD currency, which cost me $0.31 and adding $2 on the card account.

Hi dosboxd,

Can you tell me where did you open new virtual card, on what service/bank? Thanks!

I'm using a REAL Visa credit card from Bank of America. Not debit card. I'm in the US and my account is setup for US Dollars. Apple still wont take the card. Anyone have a real solution. Email support hasn't helped. Is there a phone number to call them?

Same issue, REAL Mastercard CREDIT CARD, USA. (Tried 4 credit cards with credit lines - 3 Mastercards and 1 Visa)

I tried adding the card from Google Chrome, Explorer and Safari via my iPad....same error message. I also added my credit card to my Apple Wallet, no success. I submitted a help claim, recieved a auto-reply with a claim nuumber. I'll update when possible.

I get the following error:

Search Ads does not currently accept this type of card. (Error: 1495365281735)

It is a prepaid MasterCard with about 2000 Euros loaded on to the account.

@Apple: What is the problem?

Best regards