slow install

Has anyone else noticed an extreme slow down of transfering the app to the watch?

It is taking 15 minute + just to transfer a simple test app. I have tried rebooting both the iphone as well as the watch. I have cleaned the project and have re-installed the app on the iphone. Is there anything else I can try or is this just another annoyance I will have to live with until the next beta?

Replies

Mine are slow too, but in the range of a minute or so. I find that removing the watch app first, before updating from XCode, seems to speed up the process.

Keep in mind, that the transfer now includes binaries too. Depending on your code base, this might be a big part of the transfer.

Yes installs are very slow for me as well. Usually in the range of 2-5 minutes. Sometimes longer.

Taking >5 minutes to deploy a very simple app to the watch (just a button and a label on the main activity - no other code).

Yes, slow here as well. Seems a bit better with beta 2 though, or it may just look like it. Even with just a simple app it takes minutes to transfer. Any known fix / workaround for this issue already ?

I had the same issue.

Just reboot your Apple Watch and it should be better.

I was having this problem with watchOS 2 beta 5, and rebooting my Watch seems to have fixed the problem for me. I had tried everything else first, from rebooting Xcode to reinstalling it to cleaning the project, deleting derived data, and deleting the app from my iPhone and Watch. Apparently all it needed was a simple reboot.