Xcode 8 Profiles Won't Download

I have an issue where some of the profiles I am using are not able to be used in xCode 8. When I go to preferences and see a list of profiles for my team when I hit download the download link just turns gray and if I look in the mobile devices folder where it downloads the profiles it is downloading it but it never recognizes it in xCode. The link just turns black again and it still says download even tho the profile is in the Mobile Devices folder.

Works fine in xcode 7

Replies

I have the exact same issue. Deleted all of the provisioning profiles and redownloaded all profiles from Xcode 8.

Out of roughly 50 provisioning profiles, less than half of them are recognized by XCode 8 with no apparent rhyme or reason why some work and some don't.

Duplicated issue with two separate team accounts on two separate machines with the same profiles not being recognized on both machines.

I am experiencing the same issue as well. All of my provisioning profiles were able to be dowloaded (the download link went away after hitting "Download All") and used properly in Xcode 7.3.1, but when I upgraded to Xcode 8, some of them stopped being recognized it seems. The download links showed up next to some of the profiles again and clicking download just makes the download link gray out. They are still in the folder and clicking downlaod changes the date modified on the file, but it is not being recongnized by Xcode and it is preventing me from pairing Apple Watches to my app (two of the profiles that are no longer being recognized are a watchkitapp profile and a watchkitextension profile) as when I try to pair, the log complains about not having a certain provisioning profile.

EDIT: It turned out that I was able to get the watches pairing (for an ad hoc distribution archive at least) by unchecking the "Automatically manage signing" setting in the General tab and then re-checking it and then selecting my team. The information in the general tab was then the same as before I unchecked it, but this process altered my plist slightly. Afterward, I was able to pair the watches even though many of the provisioning profiles still had the download link next to them.

I have the same issue,

as a workaround if you select 'Import' in the dropdown where you pick the profile and point to the file - xcode will recognize it

I have the same issue since upgrade to XCode 8.

I do not find the 'Import' command. Can you give more details ?

Thank you

My entire team has been having this issue since XCode8 came out. Still looking for a solution. I've tried recreating all provisioning profiles, downloading manually, deleting and re-adding account with no solution. Sometimes performing these actions changes which profiles download but there is no consistency which ones do or don't.

Same issue here. Brand new installation of macOS Sierra, and a fresh installation of Xcode 8. Downloading provisioning profiles that have worked perfectly up until now is totally flaky. Some of them seem to download, but the "Download" button remains available for others.

Also facing this issue.

I'm having this issue too. Man Apple, do you people test anything you release to the public? I have seen a lot of buggy versions of Xcode and dealt with it, but Xcode 8.0 is nearly unusable.

I'm also having this same issue. The problem is that I can't sign my app that uses notifications with my provisioning profile that enables push notifications. Is there a manual way to import the provisioning profile?

@Apple Are we going to get an official acknowledgement of this sometime soon? This is hampering many developer's ability to get things done. There is also an ongoing stackoverflow post with over 900 views and a bounty on it with no solution. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39710947/xcode-8-provisioning-profile-wont-download?answertab=votes#tab-top

I have same issue

I am having this issue as well. It is a blocker for me. It started appearing after I updated to Xcode 8 and checked the push notifications toggle button in target->capabilities. If I go back and uncheck it then I can submit an app store build. This is definitely a bug. Please fix it asap!

Same issue and also fully blocked from deploying updates.

Thanks for your report. This is a bug we're aware of in Xcode 8. Note that this UI in Xcode is a convenience and shouldn't block your work. The profiles you'd like to download are still available following these steps:

1) Visit developer.apple.com in Safari

2) Click Account and sign in

3) Click on Ceritficates, Identifiers, and Profiles

4) Navigate to the profile you're interested in and download it

5) Drag the downloaded profile onto Xcode's icon in the dock.

At this point, your profile will be installed on your Mac and usable within Xcode.

unfortunatelly manually downloading the provisioning profile does not always work

in cases where it doesn't work, regeneration of the profile works, though there's magically an additional line in the account profiles (didn't see that this creates any problem... yet...). no duplicate line in xcode 7

In 8.1 beta (8T47) and this issue not fixed