Search ads - no impressions yet?

Hi everyone,

It's 6pm central time now and my search ads show as active but are reporting no impressions so far.

Is anyone seeing impressions?

I'm just trying to figure out if it's

a) due to too low of bids

b) due to delayed reporting

c) something else

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Andrew

Replies

I had 2 impressions. One is for $0.15 bid, the other is for $0.1 bid. I have a lot of keywords more and less popular with higher and lower bids. They all have zero impressions.

Thanks for the reponse.

What types of bids did you use?

Also curious -- the keywords that showed the impressions -- is it a general keyword, like "fun game", or something more specific to your app?

Thanks!

The impressions you've seen -- were they on more or less popular keywords? And generic ones or ones very specific to your app?

I should also have added..

I am using tiny bids -- ranging from $0.01 to $0.20.

One is quite popular, the other is not. Both are very specific.

I was using smaller bids $0.1 for every keyword. The keywords with the most impressions were the most generic keywords applicable to the app.

>It would be need to know what the budgets and bids are

That would defeat the purpose of a bidding system 😉

Why would I tell you what I bid? ..that would make it all too easy to outbid me and then you come out on top. As well, it would drive bids down and make it harder for Apple to profit and that's not going to make them happy.

But seeing as some devs are always looking for a way to game the system, I'd guess it's just a matter of time before bid budgets, etc. are all pushed into the light. When that happens and gets to a level that tips the scales in their favor and Apple starts to see le$$ benefit, the program will fall to the side, same as the program it replaces.

I am seeing a few impressions now.. will post some better detail tonight.

Still nothing for me, despite setting CPT to $10 for some keywords.

You do not have any campaigns.

now.

Same issue here. No impressions. Bids range from $5 to $.1. Made sure 'today' is selected. What's going on?

How many impressions do you normally see?

Same here, guys.

Still no impressions etc

My bids is not huge, keywords are various, from high popular (in my niche, which isn't very competitive) to low popular.

I suspect the same. Can't find a single ad even using Candy Crush as an obvious keyword to search by.

Yesterday saw maybe 3 from big co's, then the last 12+ hours zero ads.

Ours also report zero impressions across the board even with a $10 bid.

Hope they iron out any issues soon.

Has anyone seen any search ads on iPad 😟