How to resize the height of widget in iOS 10?

It seems that the height of widget is limited in iOS 10.

Replies

I had the same problem. Trying to do this didn't work:

- (void)widgetActiveDisplayModeDidChange:(NCWidgetDisplayMode)activeDisplayMode withMaximumSize:(CGSize)maxSize {   
    if(activeDisplayMode == NCWidgetDisplayModeExpanded) {
        self.preferredContentSize = myPreferredSize;
    }
}

The widget would just stubbornly refuse to resize.

Replacing it with this seemed to do the trick:

- (void)widgetActiveDisplayModeDidChange:(NCWidgetDisplayMode)activeDisplayMode withMaximumSize:(CGSize)maxSize {
    if(activeDisplayMode == NCWidgetDisplayModeExpanded) {
        self.preferredContentSize = maxSize;  // ***??
        self.preferredContentSize = myPreferredSize;
    }
}

Presto! Why did this work? I have no idea... I'd file a radar, but I'm 99.7% sure that every single radar just gets automatically printed out on an old Apple LaserWriter, directly into a recycling bin which is then promptly set ablaze.

If you will use it like this you will understant

func widgetActiveDisplayModeDidChange(activeDisplayMode: NCWidgetDisplayMode, withMaximumSize maxSize: CGSize) {
        if activeDisplayMode == NCWidgetDisplayMode.Expanded {
            self.preferredContentSize = CGSizeMake(maxSize.width, yourHeight)
        }else if activeDisplayMode == NCWidgetDisplayMode.Compact{
            self.preferredContentSize = maxSize
        }
 }

I'm having the same issue. But i found this app "USAGE WIDGET" can set higher height at compact mode. Any idea how can do this ?

The "USAGE WIDGET" app hasn't been updated since November 2015. That means it cannot possibly be compiled against iOS 10 and Xcode 8 and they are simply getting backward compatibility behaviour, even when run on iOS 10.

pls. help me in my case i can't see Show more button, i am trying like below code format.

didload{

[self.extensionContext setWidgetLargestAvailableDisplayMode:NCWidgetDisplayModeCompact];

}

- (void)widgetActiveDisplayModeDidChange:(NCWidgetDisplayMode)activeDisplayMode withMaximumSize:(CGSize)maxSize{

if (activeDisplayMode == NCWidgetDisplayModeCompact) {

self.preferredContentSize = maxSize;

}

else

self.preferredContentSize = CGSizeMake(maxSize.width, 200);

}

I got the basic widget expanding properly, however, I can't seem to resize it when looking at it on the 3D touch shortcut menu. There isn't a show more option. Has anyone found a way to address that case?

It looks like you're setting the maximum widget size to the compact size.

Change:

[self.extensionContext setWidgetLargestAvailableDisplayMode:NCWidgetDisplayModeCompact];

To:

[self.extensionContext setWidgetLargestAvailableDisplayMode:NCWidgetDisplayModeExpanded];

Hello JLaser,

I am trying both way but i am not see button.

any key added in info.plist file.?

Hello JLaser,

I am uninstall app and agin install then i'll see button so thank you very much.

Some time geeting on simulator but when i am checking on other simulator then not displyed and also i'll run application in device but not displayed.

I've read this thread and I'm glad for the input it provides. However, I still havent got it 100% working to get the height adjusted using auto layouts in "expanded" mode.

In one sample app I've created (https://github.com/everlof/TodayExtensionSample) it will adjust the height correctly according to auto layouts when the extension is started in .expanded-mode but, when toggling between .compact and .expanded modes, it will simply not adjust correctly once .expanded is selected again.

Anyone have any hints or tips?