Search ads - no impressions yet?

Hi everyone,

It's 6pm central time now and my search ads show as active but are reporting no impressions so far.

Is anyone seeing impressions?

I'm just trying to figure out if it's

a) due to too low of bids

b) due to delayed reporting

c) something else

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Andrew

Replies

Hi Andrew,

It is day one and Apple was never particularly good at this kind of services… So I guess it is better to wait for another 24 hours before making any decisions about bids/reporting/something else.

yeah I know... I'm just anxious. :-)

This is happening to me also. Additionally when I search keywords that likely only I would have bid on I don't see the ad in the store. Glitch or need to re-look at campaigns?

Seeing very very few ads when searching, and our ads show a grand total of 2 impressions (1click-thru though woot!).

I suspect it is just very early in the process and Apple for whatever reason are drip-feeding things. They turned on very late in the evening and I've seen maybe 2 ads total when i searched Candy Crush (as an obvious term that for sure will have ads against it).

Not yet seen any ads on iPad which is the platform where we are running ads.

Anyone else share their experiences thus far?

For anyone who has actually seen some impressions so far -- what types of bids were you doing?

I know everyone's app is not equal but I'm just curious for a baseline.

Thanks!

Hi fellows!

It's the same on my case, just seeing ads as "Running" but no impressions so far, just rest to be pacient 🙂

Thaks to you all for sharing your info, it helps a lot.

Have everyone a lovely day ahead!

I saw 12 impressions for one keyword and a few others had smaller numbers. Reloaded page and all of the numbers went to 0. Not sure what that means.

edit: My bad, when I reloaded the page it reset the date range...if you set the date range to "today" you might see some impressions.

Make sure the date range on the calandar includes today.

We're in the same boat. No impressions yet...I've been testing different daily and overall budgets and bids thinking they might be too low since I see larger players popping up when searching for our keywords. Like the others said, it could just be some type of delay. It would be need to know what the budgets and bids are for those that are getting impressions.

Same here - no impressions yet.

I'm trying it for my paid apps. My bids are low (or else it will never break even), but some search terms in my list are very specific. I wonder what's up...

Go to the Reports tab and select Today in the date picker. Then select Hourly for more info.

Ok I'll put it out there:)

We're running a range depending on keyword that is between $2 and $10 CPT bid.

It's very hard to compare with other apps and say this is/isn't similar to what others should bid as our app is in a non-gaming niche so we don't expect a huge volume of impressions/clicks.

Not seeing any significant difference at this early stage between the $2 keyword and the $10 which while it should be as popular a search term as the first has yet to see any impressions.

All told I suspect Apple are trickle feeding things to make sure everything is working - devs are spending real money after all - and once they are happy will turn the faucet on full. At least I hope so!

*I've yet to even see an ad any ad on my iPad, and very very few on iPhone.

Tried Reports->Today->Hourly on 3 different campaigns -- all just say "No data to display".

Anyone who is seeing impressions -- what bids or targets are you entering?

Actually I think they might not just be trickle-feeding, but actually turning ads on and off. I just did probably 30 searches on the app store and never saw a single ad. I did see an ad when searching last night -- I forget what app it was for though -- but just saw one.

Then again, is it possible there may be so very few people advertising that I just didn't hit any?

Thanks for the reponse. That's definitely a lot higher bid than what I've used so far.