Select a development team in the project editor.

i have an app that seems to build successfully.

but when i select archive

i get this error

Check dependencies

Signing for "dcmotorApp" requires a development team. Select a development team in the project editor.

Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.0'

i been searching everywhere but i still cannot find the solution to this problem.

how to solve this?

Thanks for helping in advance.

Replies

the picture is avalaible

http://weelookang.blogspot.sg/2016/10/check-dependencies-signing-for.html

Sorry, I can't tell if you're using free provisioning or a paid individual developer account?

I upgrade xcode to 8 and got same error. Help please

Personally, I had this problem when I tried to test my app through my iPhone 8 Plus instead of the simulation. What Xcode is asking you is to select a development team to be able to sign the app and install it on your device.

Follow these steps to resolve the issue.

1 - Go to Xcode Preferences and add your Apple ID account into Xcode

2 - Make sure that you click Manage Certificates and click the + on the bottom left and click Apple Development

3 - Click your Apps Project on the Project Navigator then Click on "Signing & Capabilities"

4 - Finally click on Team to select your team. It should be your (Personal Team)

• this was exactly what i needed, thank you misael

Add a Comment

I am having the same problem for the past 4 months and everything via Xcode preference looks good. how did you fix yours?

• Select Debug Tab near the release, and select Team that page also.

Add a Comment

Maybe I'm a bit late to the game, but you want to double check that the other tabs (ie "release", "release for profiling", "debug", etc...) are all linked as well. I had this issue when exporting from unity, and had to add the developer profile/ activate automatic signing on the rest of those subtags in "signing and capabilities"

• Wow, thank you for suggesting to check the other build tabs (releast, debug, etc). No idea how that got changed form all, but I would have never thought to check that!

Add a Comment

Late to the party. Nonetheless, an even simpler solution was to "Clean" the project from Product-->Clean Build Folder. After that I checked my Certificate as described in the previous posts. All was fine with it, as I believe, so why an issue at build time?

That final step was to run "Build". That's it.

Coming from a IntelliJ IDEA, Vi, VSCode, awk, sed, Shellscript and Linux World and Java as my main language, I don't get the hassle Apple creates with its Signing stuff. Why would someone at an early stage of development need that? I do that at the end before shipping by random, here its mandatory. Just why?

The problem I want to mark is, that, when I close my working cheap project with some Metal, 3D stuff and change nothing, then re-open it a week later and just fire it up, why does this strange Xcode thing keeps me bugging me with "Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code"?