ERROR ITMS-90347: Bad bundle identifier.

A new error is occurring while uploading our app which includes an extension with a bundle identifier in the format ***.yyy.zzz. The *** is our application bundle identifier. We're receiving the following error message when submitting to the App Store:

ERROR ITMS-90347: "Bad bundle identifier. The bundle identifier "***.yyy.zzz" of the application extension ***.app/Plugins/xxxExtension.appex should start with the application's bundle identifier "***" and not contain more than one period "." after the application bundle ID.

We've been using this bundle ID for a few months now with no issues. Has anyone else gotten this error or could someone from Apple please comment?

Thanks,

Bobby

Accepted Reply

Apple has just updated their Dev Center CGU. It seems that the app extension bundleId is stricter.

if your app bundleId format is : com.my.app

your app extension bundleId now have to be : com.my.app.***

Creating new appID and provisioning profile fix the issue.

Replies

Hi,

Any updates on this? Even I am stuck with this error.

Apple has just updated their Dev Center CGU. It seems that the app extension bundleId is stricter.

if your app bundleId format is : com.my.app

your app extension bundleId now have to be : com.my.app.***

Creating new appID and provisioning profile fix the issue.

Be aware that changing the bundle identifier of an app extension, will cause the extension binary to be removed and installed again, not simply updated. So if you have a Today Widget in the Notification Center, at the app update, the widget will be removed from the installed widgets list, even if they had the widget installed before.

Question... What is the .*** ???

and by extension, do you mean watchkit extension? I have this error too and for life of me can not figure out how to fix it.

Hi,

> Creating new appID and provisioning profile fix the issue.

I dont mean to sound stupid, but how does someone go about doing this?

Thanks,

Dan Uff

FWIW:

I added 'iOS' as the value of *** - and then it worked.

I asked Xcode to generate new provision profiles before the Archive process.

It feels like I was lucky to fix it this easily - I hope it helps some else too.

Hi,

I also started facing the same problem when I tried to update my app. My bundle id is in the format of ***.*** I tried changing the bundle ID to the ***.***.*** format and Xcode successfully created an App ID and provisioning profiles as required. Although the problem that I'm facing right now is that my app is already live on the App Store and i believe that I cannot change the bundle ID / App ID now. Any ideas?

Hi All,

After updating bundle identifier from com.***.app to com.***.app.iOS I'm able to run the application on my device now.

But will that effect application which is already live or will it upload a new application to store with same name?

I've tried your solution, but I'm getting a different set of errors when I use the "com.my.app.***" bundleId format.

iTunes Store operation failed.

Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signatire contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifcally, value 'XXXXXXXXXX.com.my.app.***' for key 'application-identifier' in 'Payload/App Title.app/Plugins/StickerPackExtension.appex/StickerPackExtension' is not supported. This value should be a string starting with your TEAMID, followed by a dot '.', followed by the bundle identifier.

Invalid Code Signature Identifier. The identifier "com.my.app.***" in your code signature for "StickerPackExtension" must match its Bundle Identifier "com.my.app"

Bad bundle identifier. The bundle identifier 'com.my.app' of the application extension App Title.app/Plugins/StickerPackExtension.appex should start with the application's bundle identifier 'com.my.app' and not contain more than one period "." after the application bundle ID.

It seems it wont accept it either way, with the .*** extension or without it. Any ideas?

Hello im currently trying to make an app and have recieved and error message

ERROR ITMS-90347: "Bad bundle identifier. The bundle identifier 'com.boozemoji.stickerpack.extension' of the application extension Boozemoji.app/PlugIns/StickerPackExtension.appex should start with the application's bundle identifier 'com.boozemoji.stickerpack.extension' and not contain more than one period “.” after the application's bundle ID."

ERROR ITMS-90347: "Bad bundle identifier. The bundle identifier 'com.boozemoji.stickerpack.extension' of the application extension Boozemoji.app/PlugIns/StickerPackExtension.appex should start with the application's bundle identifier 'com.boozemoji.stickerpack.extension' and not contain more than one period “.” after the application's bundle ID."

Could anyone please help me with this? Thanks

Hi. Another person with the same issue and I have spent 3 days now searching and trying EVERYTHING. I'm rying to upload a sticker pack to the App Store as I've seen so many people do successfully already but I cannot get past this error:

ERROR ITMS-90347: "Bad bundle identifier. The bundle identifier 'com.myname.appname.StickerPackExtension' of the application extension appname.app/PlugIns/StickerPackExtension.appex should start with the application's bundle identifier 'com.myname' and not contain more than one period "." after the application's bundle ID."

I feel that this error is due to the extra "." between the appname and the 'StickerPackExtension' text, but this is something that Xcode appears to do automatically. But surely Xcode wouldn't be causing itself an error like this?

Any help would be seriously very much apprechiated as I'm lost for ideas.

Can you show me an example of what you have as your bundle ID under target: StickerPackExtension. I think thats the problem. In Targets under StickerPackExtension the budle ID should not just be "com.company.appname" it should be "com.company.appname.StickerPackExtension"

Hi, having the same problem! Did you find any solution?

Thanks

Same problem here. I can't get past it.

Still not found a solution. I emailed Apple via a support ticket and they just referred me to a page that explains how to make apps for tvOS and macOS but nothing whatsoever about sticker packs. So I replied asking for a less vague answer and some actual help and even sent another ticket and never heard back. Some great support they're providing here... My only hope now is that someone who has succeeded in putting a sticker pack on the store sees this and can actually help. It's been weeks now.