I tried to be sure that it was written in plain text and then it stopped giving the message. As I replied to yudi, my website didn't pass Smart App Banner and Deep Links tests, I don't know if that could be a problem.
The domain is "https://www.timp.pro".
I made changes on the website to support the Smart App Banner and now Smart App Banner, Deep Links and Universal Links are passed, though Deep Links shows this message: "All deep links redirect to the same URL.".
Nonetheless, when I enter my website no banner appears and, if I tap a link to my website from a mail in "Mail" app, the app doesn't open despite I did the required changes on the app (added the "applinks" entitlements to the project and added "- (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application continueUserActivity:(NSUserActivity *)userActivity restorationHandler:(void(^)(NSArray *restorableObjects))restorationHandler" method to my AppDelegate).
My website didn't pass Smart App Banner and Deep Links tests, could this be the reason?
These are my results:
Smart App Banner
- AppId found but no deepLink was extracted. Learn how to implement Smart App Banners.
I am also facing the same issue with the universal link. For me also Deep Links is failing and everything else is successful.
So my question is for implementing universal link do i mandatorily need to implement the smart banners.
This is not documented anywhere so am not sure if i need to implement this or not?
I have posted more details regarding my domain and everything in another question.
I'm having the same problem. I'm testing it on: https://893d9220.ngrok.io
by the time you open it, it's probably going to be dead.
but here is the result of my curl:
* Trying 18.104.22.168...
* Connected to 893d9220.ngrok.io (22.214.171.124) port 443 (#0)
* TLS 1.2 connection using TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
* Server certificate: *.ngrok.io
* Server certificate: RapidSSL SHA256 CA - G3
* Server certificate: GeoTrust Global CA
> GET /apple-app-site-association HTTP/1.1
> Host: 893d9220.ngrok.io
> User-Agent: curl/7.43.0
> Accept: */
* HTTP 1.0, assume close after body
< HTTP/1.0 200 OK
< Server: SimpleHTTP/0.6 Python/2.7.10
< Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 21:05:05 GMT
< Content-type: application/json
< Content-Length: 211
< Last-Modified: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 21:02:27 GMT
* HTTP/1.0 connection set to keep alive!
< Connection: keep-alive
"paths": [ "/ios9" ]
* Connection #0 to host 893d9220.ngrok.io left intact
I'm also getting "Could not extract required information for deep links" using the Universal Link validator. What's odd is that it passed when we uploaded the file in April and the file hasn't changed since then...it just stopped validating. And whatever the issue is, appears to break Universal Links on iOS 9 too. Both our app and the validator were working fine as of June 1st.
Website is webprotectme.com. Thank you in advance for your advice.
You might try the steps covered here: Troubleshooting Universal Links. If that doesn't work, you could file a technical support incident at developer.apple.com/support/technical. The most common causes are that the Content-Type isn't application/json (for unsigned files), or that your server is trying to redirect the incoming request.
And by all means, please file bugs if you're finding the documentation or the validation tool to not be as helpful as it needs to in order to understand what's not working. Include your specific details about what's happening and how we can improve things.
Double check by doing "curl -v https://your.domain.here/apple-app-site-association" in Terminal to verify that the Content-Type is application/json, and theat you're getting a 200 response as opposed to a redirect. And of course that the file's contents are being returned!
For anyone else who comes here, a great tool for validating your apple-app-site-association file is https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/
Make sure you plug the url for that file https://[your domain here]/.well-known/apple-app-site-association into the field, and it will quickly tell you if:
- The json is 100% valid
- The mime type is correct
Also, if you are testing BEFORE you release, you will get this message:
- Error no apps with domain entitlements
- The entitlement data used to verify deep link dual authentication is from the current released version of your app. This data may take 48 hours to update.
Which should really read "no apps in app store with domain entitlements"
The small piece you still need to do manually is making sure the file is served via 200, instead of a redirect.