Stickers cached from previous use?

If I create a new sticker, and if it uses a name previously used (eg Sticker Sequence-1), it plays the old sticker animation, not the new one.

I have tried cleaning the project and quitting out of the simulator, but no matter what I do, it plays the first version of a sticker that used the same name. It is quite frustrating because each time I create a new sticker to test, I have to give it a new name, like: "Sticker Sequence-1!", then "Sticker Sequence-1!!", then "Sticker Sequence-1!!!" etc.

Obviously they will be named to something that describes the sticker, but I have been creating the same sticker over and over again to get things perfect. So, for my "Wow" sticker, I have to give it a unique name every attempt - and I see no way to go back from Wow-23 to Wow without it playing the first (outdated) version of Wow.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Anyway better solutions?

Replies

Yeah I've seen cached data before.

Try going to Product (while holding down the Option key) and choose Clean Build Folder.

And by cleaning out the Simulator, you mean you hit Reset Content ? (wiped out every app). I agree that should have done the trick.

There's deeper ways to dig into this, but see if that helps.

Thanks - I wasn't aware Clean had different options when holding down the Option key! That seems to have done the trick.

'clean' deletes the build's derived data for the target in use. 'clean build folder' deletes the entire folder and contents, and thus includes all targets in that project, and for some reason seems more effective than a simple clean in most all cases. I don't bother doing just a 'clean', ever.

Glad to hear. Yeah, I'm not sure why the non-Option Clean is even in there. Once you hold down Option, you never go back =)

Hmm - that seemed to work when I tried it, but not anymore. Getting stale stickers - cleaning the project and cleaning the build folder still shows the old version now.

Other than renaming the sticker something new, I don't see how to get around the issue. 😟