CloudKit issue on device "Couldn't get a signing certificate"

Hello

Since a few days we are having big issues with CloudKit. We have a productive app which out of a sudden does not retrieve the data from the CloudKit public container anymore. It was working before without any problem but since a few days it is not working on iOS 9.3.5 and iOS 10.

I checked on Stackoverflow and found out that there was a server issue on the side of Apple. But this issue should be fixed. Is anyone else having still the same problem?

In the meantime I ported the App to Swift 3.0 and iOS 10. Somehow it is working in the simulator but not on an actual device. When I debug I always see the following error: "Internal Error" (1/4000); "Couldn't get a signing certificate". I use the same Apple ID in both setups (Simulator/Device). iCloud Drive is activated in all setups.

We have recreated all provisioning profiles and deleted them from XCode but without a positive effect.

What else can I try to fix this problem? Is anyone else still facing this issue?

Edit

I just realized that the App is working with a mobile connection but not with WIFI. What can cause this problem? Is it an ipv6 issue?

Thanks a lot!

Replies

Please install the iCloud Drive & CloudKit logging profile available at https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs, reproduce the issue, and then file a bug report at bugreport.apple.com. Post the bug number here and we'll have a look.

Same issue here

Bug number is 28563122

Hey... same issue, but only on one device (6Plus), on other 4-5 devices is working fine with any iCloud account...

Bug number: 28579305

Bug number: 28585327

It would be nice to see a solution for this problem as soon as possible. Otherwise we are forced to replace CloudKit as a backend. It can't be that an already distributed enterprise app stops working out of the blue... Thanks!

Thanks for all the feedback on this issue. We believe that it is resolved now, so if anybody continues seeing this, please holler (here, and in the form of a bug report with iCloud Drive & CloudKit logging as posted previously).

Hey mine is now working again :)

Just to confirm, the issue is resolved in our case. Works properly on all devices and all apps.

Hi All,

I too am experiencing this issue with similar behaviors as Prine had except it didn't matter the connectivity (Wifi or cellular). What is so bizarre is that it only affected a small number of users that upgraded from iOS9 to iOS10 and only on certain devices. So far, the only fix seems to have the User sign out of iCloud then sign back in and then CloudKit seems to allow access into the Public Container.

Thanks a lot. It is working now!

Hey PDM,

I am still having this issue with two of my apps that are accessing CKRecords on a public container. I have narrowed the problem down to simply if the user is running iOS 10 AND their iCoud Drive is OFF. As soon as they turn on iCloud Drive, the problem goes away and all records are accessed normally.

Bug Report #: 28640182

I believe you're describing a different issue. This thread was about the "Couldn't get a signing certificate" issue. Regardless, thanks for the bug report, we'll take a look.