Can't add card to search ads

So as Apple has just released their Search Advertising network I tried to set up my account but I'm encountering this error when trying to add my visa credit card (all correct details) "Error saving credit card information. Try again later." Does anyone else have this issue or know how it can be fixed?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of danielM12 Down vote post of danielM12
20k views

Replies

The countries i have credit cards or can get them in aren't even currently listed! While everywhere else on Apple services they are, this is discmofroting to say the least as it places certain developers in a great disatvantage.

same here (VietNam)

Finally, I tried to add my Visa credit card and it successfull added to my Search Ads Account. I think Apple requires the credit card, not debit card for this Search Ads account.

Same problem here in Morocco. My country, a 34 million people nation, is not even on the list.

I've got the same issue, in the USA, with a valid Visa card.

Also have the issue that the contact form doesn't send either. Apparently they released the website too soon.

Umm why won't they accept debit cards? That is silly. Most Americans have debit cards. Google Ads accepts debit cards. I can understand why they wouldn't accept gift cards but yeah not accepting debit cards is crazy

Credit card added successfully. (Russia) (Debit cards did not work in this case)

Tried 4 debit cards and none of them worked. Apparently apple accepts only credit cards at this moment, which is silly... Would be helpful to hear an answer from an apple employee about this situation. Is that an issue that will be fixed or it's intentional?

After reading this post, I tried a regular VISA instead of my Debit card and it worked! My campaign still says "Hold (2)" at the moment.

Was that a credit or debit card that did work?

Same Here 😟

Still doesn't work too ( France )

Same issue here ( France, standard Visa card )

Same issue here ( Romania, standard Visa card )

Found some relevant information:

Please note that Search Ads accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. For Discover Card, we can only accept payment in U.S. dollars, and your account billing currency must be set to the U.S. dollar.

Cards from the following countries are not valid forms of payment: Austria, Chile, Cuba, Ghana. Hungary, Iran, Mauritius, North Korea, Philippines, Singapore.
Other invalid forms of payment include pre-paid cards, gift cards, ATM/debit cards, and digital wallets such as PayPal and Venmo.

If you try to enter an invalid form of payment three times, you must wait 24-hours before updating your account with a valid payment method.

Visit the Payments section of Search Ads Help for more information.

For what it's worth, I used a debit card and it worked fine.