Austria (+43) is missing from drop-down lists on account sign-up page.

We just attempted to sign up for a new account on https://app.searchads.apple.com/cm/app/signup but were unable to complete the sign-up form because our country (Austria +43) is missing from both drop-down lists (Address / Phone Number). I assume this is an unintentional omission. Right?

Replies

Also, what's the correct category/product for filing Search Ads related bugs on https://bugreport.apple.com? Is it "App Store"?

Same problem here. This is very anyoing. I have filed a bug report in the hope that this is not (again) some legal issue with local Austrian laws.

My country Singapore also blocked. I saw this under their help menu,

Cards from the following countries are not valid forms of payment: Austria, Chile, Cuba, Ghana. Hungary, Iran, Mauritius, North Korea, Philippines, Singapore.

Given that both Google Adwords and Microsoft Bing Ads are readily available to Austrian companies, I highly doubt that it's a legal issue.

Also, we're not talking about consumer protection legislation here. Search Ads is clearly a B2B service and we're looking to sign up as a corporation.

Wow... you're right. Austria is indeed on this list, and in the illustrious company of North Korea nonetheless! 😕 However, even if Austrian credit cards are not accepted (for whatever BS reason), this should not preclude Austrian corporations from signing up for Search Ads. We have other forms of payment.

Ok... I just called Apple Developer Support on the phone and they were as stunned as we are about this and promised they'll get back to us.

This is highly distressing, my current country is not listed either, which puts all of us at a great distavantage, if we're allowed to enroll into the developer program and receive payments we should be allowed to sign up for search ads.

Did you receive a response from the Apple support? Austria is still missing in the list.

Any news on that topic? Austria is still missing 😠

Another year went by and Austria is still not on the list?