iOS 10 device console not printing my app logs

Hi,

I have connected my device iPhone 6S which is upgraded to iOS 10 to my Mac and trying to build the app in device. Meanwhile i found one issue with device logs.

I tried to check logs in Xcode ->Window -> Devices-> Device console, but console logs are printing contnuously some kernel logs. I am not able to print my app logs there. Any help is invited to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

TRA-iOS dev

Replies

Which version/build Xcode, exactly?

Same thing is happening here. When I connect to my physical device (6s+) the device console starts spewing logs -- CommCenter and other subsystems reporting everything they do -- every packet sent, every sensor reading.

I cannot find my NSLog messages from my previously compiled apps (ios 9 sdk) anywhere in the flood. Devices running ios 9 or earlier all still work the same way they did before -- no spewing data from CommCenter, kernel, and identityservicesd.

The device console is worthless right now for ios 10 work on physical devices.

I hope I have missed something.

Same here, though fixed by disabling the Name:OS_ACTIVITY_MODE, Value: disable variable in build schemes.

Now I get my NSLog calls, but am absolutely *slammed* with BTServer, CommCenter, and locationd entries. Left unchecked this log files grows at almost 80k entries (10Mb) a minute. Not a pleasent or very efficient way to work when what are important are my own log entries!

Edit for spelling.

Not a pleasent or very efficient way to work when what are important are my own log entries!

Indeed. One option I’ve seen discussed is to use the Console app to create a saved search that shows just the log entries you care about. I haven’t tried this myself but it seems promising.

ps To be clear, I’m talking about the Console app on macOS 10.12.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hot dog : ) Just opened the 10.12 Console app for the first time, what a pleasent supprise. Thanks fror the tip, works like a champ!

Has a better solution been found for this? I have the same issue and editing a scheme is not a fix.
I'm running XCode 8.3.3 and iOS 10.1 on my device, and I still can't see my app or sdk log/print messages in the console. The work around of editing a scheme for

OS_ACTIVITY_MODE checked
seems to only work in the XCode's console for running app as dev, but still doesn't put logs into the mac console app or the XCode Devices > Console. Also can't use the scheme option for release builds, support on apps, automation, etc.

I haven't seen my console slammed with 80k messages per minute, but i thought extreme console messages after some terminal command that fixed the console issue displaying (but i can't find that original article and I didn't try it, but would be willing to try it).

Has a better solution been found for this?

This thread has covered a lot of ground, so I’m not entirely sure what issue you’re referring to here. Can you walk us through the exact steps you’re taking, what you see, and what you’d like to see?

I'm running XCode 8.3.3 and iOS 10.1 on my device …

Also, I strongly recommend you upgrade your device to the latest released system software (10.3.3), not least because there have been some major security fixes shipping since 10.1.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

For what it's worth, I'm still facing this issue on the final version of Xcode 9 / iOS 11. If I use OS_ACTIVITY_MODE, I get no logs at all, if I remove it from my scheme then I'm so inundated with random system logs, it's basically useless.

I am facing in the IOS 11 and XCode 9 if I run through terminal I have added --console option for xcrun simctl but could not see get console logs printed n terminal for Mac OS 10.13.3 i have the same setup on Mac 10.12.6 where I get the console logs printed on using --console.

if you attach to a process, the lldb not link the stderr and stdout, and the stdout stderr to link system logs db. you need close the tty stderr and stdout, then open a lldb tty