7 Replies
      Latest reply: Sep 28, 2016 8:58 AM by Grdinic RSS
      trupti01 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

I have connected my device iPhone 6S which is upgraded to iOS 10 to my Mac and trying to build the app in device. Meanwhile i found one issue with device logs.

I tried to check logs in Xcode ->Window -> Devices-> Device console, but console logs are printing contnuously some kernel logs. I am not able to print my app logs there. Any help is invited to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

TRA-iOS dev

• Re: iOS 10 device console not printing my app logs
          KMT Level 8 Level 8 (7,655 points)

Which version/build Xcode, exactly?

b__2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same thing is happening here. When I connect to my physical device (6s+) the device console starts spewing logs -- CommCenter and other subsystems reporting everything they do -- every packet sent, every sensor reading.

I cannot find my NSLog messages from my previously compiled apps (ios 9 sdk) anywhere in the flood. Devices running ios 9 or earlier all still work the same way they did before -- no spewing data from CommCenter, kernel, and identityservicesd.

The device console is worthless right now for ios 10 work on physical devices.

I hope I have missed something.

Grdinic Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here, though fixed by disabling the Name:OS_ACTIVITY_MODE, Value: disable variable in build schemes.

Now I get my NSLog calls, but am absolutely *slammed* with BTServer, CommCenter, and locationd entries. Left unchecked this log files grows at almost 80k entries (10Mb) a minute. Not a pleasent or very efficient way to work when what are important are my own log entries!

Edit for spelling.

eskimo Apple Staff Apple Staff (6,470 points)

Not a pleasent or very efficient way to work when what are important are my own log entries!

Indeed.  One option I’ve seen discussed is to use the Console app to create a saved search that shows just the log entries you care about.  I haven’t tried this myself but it seems promising.

ps To be clear, I’m talking about the Console app on macOS 10.12.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
                    Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware
                    let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"