Home app stuck on Loading Home... screen

When I launch the app it just gets stuck on this white screen that says Loading Home. I tried deleting it and reinstalling from the App Store but no luck so far. I see my devices and scenes in the Control Center widget. Anyone else having issues?

Replies

Same stuff here. It happened today when I've moved from a iPhone 6 to a 7 plus. No one of the solutions above worked out.

This is a clue, not a solution.

If you disable your iCloud, all ls working for me.

Obviously this is not a solution because we need iCloud enabled, but maybe is a way to find the problem

Hello everyone, I'm not a developper.

Like you, I've experienced this issue with the Home App and iCloud enabled. It was on clean install iPhone with iOS 10 public release. Like you with iCloud disabled no problem. With iCloud without Keychain, the app asks me to enable Keychain. And then, with iCloud + Keychain the app keeps loading and loading again.

But I've found a solution.

Just leave the app loading for 5 to 10 min (I can't remember I was doing something else). Then the app will tell you that it takes a while and can't connect. You have the choice to reset Home Settings. Then everything works as expected. I think there is an issue related to iCloud somewhere.

I hope it will works for you.

Regards,

I can use everything on my phone like it's supposed to. Home app and in the control center. BUT, when I invite my girlfriend she has the same problems as described here. Nothing works. She can control the lights though the Hue app and our temperature in the house through the app from the developer, but not the home app.

I attempted leaving the home app open per your solution. I marked every 5 minutes that went by, without letting the phone sleep for 1 hour, nothing happpend. I quit and started again, this time I let the phone auto-lock. 6 hours later, no change. Your solution didn't work for me. Hopefully, a resolution comes soon.

+1

Migrated to a new iphone 7 from my 5s and now home doesnt work (thanks Apple). Exact same issues as stated here. It's on their end. Need more posts in this thread and hopefully will get some attention.

Tried all fixes... nothing works.

Same thing here. I installed the Home app for the first time with iOS 10.0.1 on my iPhone 6 and configured all my devices. Everything's still working fine on this iPhone 6, but when I'm trying to open the Home app on my iPad it's stuck at loading. And I can't even find the home-app on my Apple TV 4.

iOS 10.0.2 didn't solve anything neither.

Same situation. Very Frustrating! Apple support was no help.

Just an update. I am still working with the Apple advisor and I did everything the engineers told him to try with me. He had me download a system status report off of my phone which couldn't be sent to him since the file was too large. I'm still waiting for him to tell me how to get the file to him. I also just happened to upgrade to an iPhone 7 last week from my iPhone 6. My new phone's Home App is doing the same thing, "Loading Accessories and Scenes." This tells me this definitely isn't a hardware problem.

The following fix worked for me...As the result of many a phone call to Apple I was able to get past this issue by doing a complete reinstall of the ios 10 through iTunes. After backing up to iCloud, holding down the lock button and the volume down button on my iPhone 7 until I got the target disk/plug into itunes (i.e. hold until after the Apple logo comes back on) I did a restore through iTunes. After downloading a fresh copy of ios 10 I installed and set up as a new phone. During the set-up process log into your iCloud account and keychain but do not restore from back-up. Your Home app should now be working. I went through and set up my Philips Hue bridge and lights. Once everything was working I went back into General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. Once complete I went through the setup process again, but this time I restored from my backup. Once that was complete I went straight to the Home app and it gave me the option (finally!) to reset Homekit. Went through the normal setup process and everything is working as it was supposed to. This was a real pain, but it works. Best of luck to everyone!

Same problem here going from Iphone 6 to 7. Will try the above solution and report back.

Thanks! This finally worked for me after trying so many different things over the past few days. I moved from iPhone 6S (beta profile) to 7 (regular profile) and was getting the stuck "Loading Accessories and Scenes" screen in the Home app.

I did what you said and backed up to iCloud, restored in recovery mode, and set up as new phone. Then I logged into iCloud (and Keychain) and tested the Home app and it loaded properly. Then I Erased All Content and restored from iCloud Backup. After the iCloud restore was done I opened the Home app. I still received the "Loading Accessories and Scenes" screen and it stayed for a while so I thought it didn't work at first. But after going back in and checking the Home app a few times (it maybe took about 30 minutes), I finally received a message at the bottom that said something like "This looks like it is taking too long," with a Reset HomeKit Configuration button. I hit the button and was asked to delete HomeKit settings and started from scratch.

It seems like all of this could have been avoided if we were given the option to reset HomeKit in iOS 10 like was there in iOS 9 settings.

Exactly the same issue here. Works fine for me on iPhone & iPad, but I get the same problem when inviting my daughter on her iPad.

An update. I'm only able to have the Home app configured at one device at a time. I had everything working on my iPhone 6. My iPad was just stuck at loading and after a while I hit reset. Then it started to load on my iPhone 6 instead. And now it works on the iPad. I pressed reset on the iPhone 6 and then it got stuck on the iPad... So something weird is happening in iCloud...

Edit: Well, actually no. Now it only works on the iPad. I can't get the reset text to show on the iPhone. It's just stuck at loading 😟

I had a similar experience. I was able to get Home to work on my iPad Pro 12.9 (running iOS 10.0.1). But, my iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 10.1 beta) was still stuck at the loading screen.

I downgraded to 10.0.2 on my iPhone 7 Plus and was able to get Home to work. I updated to 10.1 beta and stuck at loading screen again.