Xcode 8 beta 4 - Comment/Uncomment broken

Hi,

Xcode 8 beta 4 release notes say:

"On some systems, the Editor’s Comment/Uncomment Selection command is enabled but does nothing. (27524523)"

"Some systems" includes my brand new retina Macbook Pro running El Capitan obviously.

It's hugely inconvenient.

Has anyone figured out a workaround?

Thanks!

Replies

I had this issue with Pre-GM versions but not any more. Maybe the fact its now just called "Xcode" instead of "Xcode-beta" fixed it.😝

This worked for me too with XCode 8 Beta 6 (and Beta 4,5). Seems like the editor or parser needed a reset or something. Nice to have comments back.

Just in case people end up here and don't want to click through to the twitter link; the fix is to run:

sudo /usr/libexec/xpccachectl

And then reboot Xcode.

I was having the same issue in Xcode Version 8.0 (8A218a) with OSX 10.11.6 (15G1004)

I just reboot my MacBook and now it is working.

xCode v8.0 (8A218a) - first release, the bug is still unresoled.

Have 2 different tabs, 2 different files are opened at the same time,

one tab comment/uncomment doesn't work, the other is works fine.

System reboot doesn't help.

Mine was working just fine and then yesterday I installed the Xcode8.1 Beta - and now my Xcode 8.0 release does not comment/uncomment. I have tried calling

sudo /usr/libexec/xpccachectl

I need to have both versions on this mac. Xcode 8.1 Beta works but not Xcode 8.0

I have same issue. after install Xcode 8.1, comment/uncomment not working on Xcode 8.0

I renamed Xcode beta app to "Xcode81.app", quit the Xcodes, then run the command in terminal and it worked finally, unless you start the beta, then need to rename again and repeat.

Ugh! Mine has quit working too and it is driving me freaking nuts!

First Apple kills Alcatraz, now this!

C'mon Apple!!!

I just quit Xcode. Delete Xcode 8.1 beta and clear the trash. Then Xcode 8 comment works again.

Thanks, this answer worked for me.

It is fixed (for me) in Xcode Version 8.1 (8B62).

Not fixed for my 8.1(8B62). I could only restart Xcode when this issue happens.

So sad.

Also not fixed here Version 8.1 (8B62). QA department seems asleep.

same here 😟