beta profile & beta updates

Hi

I removed beta profile from my iPhone but still seeing the beta updates in the general settings on my iPhone ?

sameto the Mac I chosen to to show beta updates but its still there ?

Kindest Regards

Accepted Reply

I got the same thing on my iPad today. I did the following and it seems working for me:

1. Make sure the Beta Profile is removed (Settings > General > Profile)
  2. Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage(Storage)
  3. Wait until everything loads, there should be a item named "10.1 Developer Beta"
  4. Delete that and reboot the device
  5. Now check the Software Update again, and it should no longer shows 10.1 update.

The number badge might still exist at that table cell, but 10.0.2 just override it for me.

Hope it helps.

Replies

I got the same thing on my iPad today. I did the following and it seems working for me:

1. Make sure the Beta Profile is removed (Settings > General > Profile)
  2. Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage(Storage)
  3. Wait until everything loads, there should be a item named "10.1 Developer Beta"
  4. Delete that and reboot the device
  5. Now check the Software Update again, and it should no longer shows 10.1 update.

The number badge might still exist at that table cell, but 10.0.2 just override it for me.

Hope it helps.

garyworks,

That worked brilliantly, thanks. Prior to your post I had attempted to reinstall the Beta Profile and to then remove it as the Profile Setting (Settings > General > Profile) was not listed on the device (perhaps due to a recent icloud restore?). Hopefully this saves other Developers a few steps.

Cheers,

Robert

This worked for me. After deleting the beta, I did not have to reboot the device. Checking for software update found 10.0.2.

i used to removed iOS beta 10 profile from iphone 6s and didn't find any item named "10.1 Developer Beta" following this path: General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage (Storage)

then restart my gadget and still it remains the same iOS version 10.1 (14B55c).

can you help me with this please....????

If your device already has 10.1 installed, you can not remove it as described above. The steps above are for if the device has downloaded 10.1, but you have not installed it yet. If 10.1 is already installed, you can follow the steps here to go back to 10.0.2. Note that you must have a backup from 10.0.2 or earlier if you want to restore your contents after going back to 10.0.2.

THANK YOU!!! There was for a brief time an option stop updates when you deleted the device from the program - at least in the Mac OS Dev list. Getting off the iOS list has been problematic because the updates are downloaded and if you don't install them they will install automatically.

Thanks for the great advice. Much appreciated!